Apache POI - HSMF
HSMF is the POI Project's pure Java implementation of the Outlook MSG format.
At this time, it provides low-level read access to all of the file, along with a user-facing way to get at the common textual content of MSG files.
Read more at poi.apache.org
Aspose.Email for Java
Aspose.Email for Java is a Java class library that enables Java applications to read and write email message files in various formats without Microsoft Outlook.
It provides classes to read and update MSG,EML,EMLX,OFT files, add/remove attachments and recipients, update subject, body and other MSG file properties.
Read more at aspose.com
Aspose.Email Java for Apache POI - HSMF
Project Aspose.Email for Apache POI - HSMF shows how different tasks can be performed using Aspose.Email Java APIs in comparison with Apache POI HSMF. The project also covers the features that are only available in Aspose.Email APIs but not in Apache POI HSMF for dealing with emails messages.
This project is helpful for developers who want to compare Apache POI HSMF with Aspose.Email OR migrate from Apache POI HSMF to Aspose.Email.
System Requirements and Supported Platforms
Following are the system requirements to execute Aspose.Email Java for Apache POI - HSMF:
- Java 1.4 or above installed.
- Downloaded Aspose.Email component.
- Downloaded Apache POI - HSMF libraries.
Following are the supported platforms:
- Apache POI 3.11.
- Aspose.Email 22.214.171.124 and above.
- Java IDE (Eclipse, NetBeans, IntelliJ, ...).
Downloading and Configure
You can directly include the source code of Aspose.Email Java for Apache POI in your own project, Following releases of running examples are available to download on all of the below mentioned social coding sites:
Releases - Maven Based
Releases - Java Based
Download Required Libraries
How to configure the source code
Please follow these simple steps in order to open and extend the source code while using:
- Download/Clone the source code.
- Open Eclipse and Choose File > Import...
- Select General > Existing Projects into Workspace.
- Browse to select root directory of the latest source code that you have downloaded.
- Click Finish to successfully import the downloaded project.
- Download/Clone the source code.
- Open NetBeans and Choose File > New Project...
- In Choose Project tab: Select Java > Java Project with Existing Sources.
- In Name and Location tab: Provide your desired Project Name and Project Folder.
- In Existing Sources tab: Click Add Folder... and browse to select root directory of the latest source code that you have downloaded.
- Click Finish to successfully create the downloaded project.
Source code overview
There are two projects related to Aspose.Email Java for Apache POI - HSMF
- Aspose.Email vs Apache POI HSMF - Contains the code comparison for features in Apache POI HSMF and Aspose.Email.
- More Features of Aspose.Email - Contains the abundant features of Aspose.Email in comparison with Apache POI HSMF to manipulate Outlook email file formats from within the applications
To configure Aspose.Email for Java API, include the Aspose repository URL and Aspose.Email for Java API maven dependency in your pom.xml as following:
Aspose Maven Repository
Aspose.Email for Java Maven Dependency
Note: Please use the available latest version of the Aspose API.
Support, Extend and Contribute
From the very first days of Aspose, we knew that just giving our customers good products would not be enough. We also needed to deliver good service. We are developers ourselves and understand how frustrating it is when a technical issue or a quirk in the software stops you from doing what you need to do. We're here to solve problems, not create them.
This is why we offer free support. Anyone who uses our product, whether they have bought them or are using an evaluation, deserves our full attention and respect.
You can log any issues or suggestions related to Aspose.Email Java for Apache POI HSMF using any of the following platforms:
Extend and Contribute
Aspose.Email Java for Apache POI HSMF is open source and its source code is available on the major social coding websites listed below. Developers are encouraged to download the source code and contribute by suggesting or adding new feature or improving the existing ones, so that others could also benefit from it.
You can get the latest source code from one of the following locations
Sample Code Examples
This section includes the following topics
- Code Comparison for Common Features in Aspose.Email and Apache POI HSMF
- Extract Message Attachments using Aspose.Email and Apache POI HSMF
- Extract Message Body using Aspose.Email and Apache POI HSMF
- Extract Message Headers using Aspose.Email and Apache POI HSMF
- Load Email Message using Aspose.Email and Apache POI HSMF
- Save Email Message using Aspose.Email and Apache POI HSMF
- Missing Features in Apache POI HSMF
- Working with Appointments using Aspose.Email
- Working with Emails using Aspose.Email
- Working with Contacts in Aspose.Email
- Conversion to Other Formats in Aspose.Email
- Working with Outlook Storage in Aspose.Email