Starting from 17.12 release, Aspose.Words for Android via Xamarin, Aspose.Words for iOS via Xamarin and Aspose.Words for Mac via Xamarin have become part of Aspose.Words for .NET. Few breaking changes have been made:
- External reference to SkiaSharp has been added (in previous versions SkiaSharp was merged into Aspose.Words for Xamarin dlls)
- Native graphics objects (Android.Graphics.Bitmap and Android.Graphics.Canvas in Aspose.Words for Android via Xamarin version and CoreGraphics.CGImage and CoreGraphics.CGContext in Aspose.Words for iOS via Xamarin and Aspose.Words for Mac via Xamarin) has been replaced in public API with SkiaSharp.SKBitmap and SkiaSharp.SKCanvas accordingly. This allowed us to fully unify public API of all Aspose.Words for Xamarin versions. Code written for one platform can be reused on another without any changes.
.NET Standard 2.0
Starting from 17.12 release, Aspose.Words for .NET includes .NET Standard 2.0 version. It has full functionality of regular .NET version of Aspose.Words with few limitations and public API difference:
- Saving to BMP is not yet supported.
- Signing of PDF document is not yet supported.
- Printing feature is not provided in .NET Standard
- Saving to user browser is not provided, i.e. Document.Save(HttpResponse,string,ContentDescription,SaveOptions) overload is not available.
- Public API differences are the same as in Xamarin versions, i.e. SkiaSharp.SKBitmap and SkiaSharp.SKCanvas are used as native graphics objects insted of System.Drawing.Bitmap and System.Drawing.Graphics.
There are 84 improvements and fixes in this regular monthly release. The most notable are:
- Implemented Aspose.Words for .NET Standard 2.0.
- Implemented API to set chart axis properties.
- Added feature to get the docPartGallery value of StructuredDocumentTag of type SdtType.DocPartObj.
- Horizontal and vertical flipping attributes are now taken into account when rendering DML textboxes.
- Improved rendering of diacritics for "Courier New" font.
- Multiline MathML expressions rendering fixed.
- EMR_ROUNDRECT records processing while rendering metafiles fixed.
- PDF Rendering of indexed images while converting to CMYK color space fixed.
- Fixed bug causing freezes when converting document with DML Charts to PDF in debug x86 mode.
- OTF(CFF) fonts to PDF/A documents export fixed.
- DML Charts with empty area do not throw exception on rendering now.
- Fixed scaling problem with DML bubble charts on rendering.
- LINQ Reporting Engine supports dynamic setting of chart axes’ titles.
- Improved handling of decimal tab alignment in cells when paragraph has hanging indent.
- Improved text wrapping when line contains single or no characters.
- Improved handling of cell margins and table alignment.
- Improved cell alignment when line has trailing spaces and custom tabs.
- Improved handling of collapsed paragraphs.
- Fixed exception in rare case when line break point cannot be found.
- Fixed exception when document is saved with revision balloons inside of a cell.
Full List of Issues Covering all Changes in this Release
Check on summer 2015 // Doc to tiff conversion issue with text rendering issue
Merged cells are lost after when UpdateTableLayout method is called
/rounding/ Blank page is created after conversion from Docx to Pdf
TestCmykImageDefectJ21 is rendered to PDF incorrectly when ShowAllFormattingMarks are set to true
/text wrap/ Text moves after converting Word to PDF
/delete revisions balloons/ Failed to render revisions balloons when the last table row is deleted
Aspose Word hang when processing HTML
RTF to PDF, Issues with margins/indents
Image Rendering Issue
Document.UpdateFields does not stop (endless loop)
Chart get blurry when convert word to html
Borders specified for "colgroup" element are not applied to cell
RTF: Background image is lost for textboxes inlined with text
/Courier New + diacritics with non-zero advance/ Russian text accent rendering issue in resultant PDF
/Courier New + diacritics with non-zero advance/ Herbew text accent rendering issue in resultant PDF
Page number shifted to right in DOCX to PDF conversion
XmlMapping.SetMapping throws System.InvalidOperationException
DOCX to DOCX conversion issue with font of pie chart title
Footnote formatting is changed after joining RTF documents
/revisions/ List rendering issue in PDF document
DOCX to PDF rendering truncate the footer shape
Tables are not properly aligned in pdf output
Empty Area Chart. Exception is thrown when converting to PDF .
Cell's top border is lost after using Borders.Top
ImageSaveOptions.PageIndex is ignored when IPageSavingCallback is implements
System.ArgumentNullException when converting specific file
Symbol Field Color in Footer is lost in PDF conversion
Save as PDF Compliance PDF/A incorrectly includes OpenType Font
Incorrect inserting ole object as "htmlfile"
An exception raises when loading HTML document.
Position of cell's text is changed in output PDF
Text is rendered on next page in output PDF
Extra empty space is rendered in table's cell
Word shows "Unknown" filename in Rename Package dialog.
Document.Save hangs while saving DOCX to PDF
RTF is corrupted after re-saving it
PNG image is not rendered in output PDF when PdfImageColorSpaceExportMode.SimpleCmyk is used
DOCX to PDF conversion issue with image rendering
Adding additional margin to the table cell when producing PDF output.
Math equation displaced in rendered PDF document
DOCX is corrupted after re-saving it
The line numbers have the incorrect size while saving in PDF format.
Doc to PDF conversion issue with Shape's contents
Paragraphs render on the previous page in Pdf
Text direction in SmartArt layout box for arrows is not preserved in Pdf
Extra empty space appear after conversion from Docx to Pdf
Document.UpdateFields does not update the AUTOTEXT
Content shifts down to the pages in PDF
Empty page is created after section break in output Pdf
Identify elements close to page boarder.
Transparent images are lost in output Pdf
Text is shifted down to the page in output PDF
Wrong empty formula appears in document after accepting revisions
Shape's position is changed in output PDF
DOCX to PDF, table on page moved down
Contents are pushed down to the page in output PDF
Table's position is changed after conversion from Docx to Pdf
Simplified font is used instead of Traditional in Chinese (Taiwan) document
Rtf's text font is changed
Position of numbers in cell is changed after conversion from DOCX to PDF
Expose switches in MailMerge Field
Add exception when TableEnd field is missing
Add support for svgBlip drawing extension.
/delete revisions balloons/ Exception occurs on saving document with showing revision balloons if it has revision in table
Document.Save throws System.NullReferenceException while re-saving RTF
DocumentBuilder.InsertChart throws System.NullReferenceException
System.NullReferenceException is thrown while saving DOCX to PDF
Infinite loop detected error during DOCX to TIFF image rendering
Aspose.Words.FileCorruptedException is thrown while loading DOC
An exception raises while comparing documents.
API throws FileCorruptedException upon loading RTF file
System.NullReferenceException is thrown while saving DOCX to PDF
System.NullReferenceException occurs when exporting RTF to PDF
Add feature to Format X/Y/Z Axis of chart.
Add feature to format axis numbers of chart
Add feature to format axis (minimum and maximum bounds)
Add feature to set Axis Title of Chart using LINQ Reporting
Adding the chart axis label formatting.
Add feature to set/get "Specify interval unit" of axis label
Add feature to Format Axis Number
Add feature to get the docPartGallery value of StructuredDocumentTag of type SdtType.DocPartObj
Implement Aspose.Words for .NET Core
|WORDSNETSTD-1||Add feature to support Aspose.Words for .NET Core 2.0||Feature|
Different behavior of Section New Page Break in 16.7 and 17.11