- Supported inlining of syntax error messages into templates instead of exception throwing for LINQ Reporting Engine.
- Improved font fetching and substitution mechanism with corresponding API changes.
- Improved warnings for image processing issues when rendering to PDF.
- Improved font fallback rendering for full-width character Unicode ranges.
- Metafiles with "HeaderPlaceable" structure is now rendering regardless of structure checksum. (MS Word behavior).
- The width of the DrawingML outline is now normalized if it is below the minimum value while rendering. (MS Word behavior).
- Fixed a bug with incorrect calculation of DrawingML TextBox shape bounds.
- Fixed a bug with the calculation of the shape boundaries if the document contains the attribute.ShapeLayoutLikeWW8 (the behavior of MS WORD 97 should be emulated).
- Fixed a bug that caused an exception when rendering ultra-small text boxes in GDI+.
- Fixed a bug with the distorted filling of the DrawingML shape outline when rendering grouped shapes.
- Fixed a bug causing creation of blank images with zero size while rendering into HTML.
- Improved ordering of number in RTL list labels.
- Improved check box size calculation when active form fields are exported to PDF.
- Fixed issue when document has “printer metrics” enabled and Windows has no printer driver installed.
- Fixed hang when table cell is broken across pages when there is a floating shape anchor in it.
- Fixed issue when text which has borders is wrapped around a shape and does not fit.
Full List of Issues Covering all Changes in this Release
|WORDSNET-14532||Improve font substitution API||Feature|
|WORDSNET-16111||Error handling in LINQ Reporting||Feature|
|WORDSNET-15203||Add more useful exception message when LINQ Reporting syntax is incorrect||Feature|
|WORDSNET-17047||ActiveX controls cold rendering // Radio buttons are jagged when saved as PDF||Enhancement|
|WORDSNET-17725||Border has zero width after importing from HTML||Enhancement|
|WORDSNET-11331||Empty row appears conversion from DOCX to DOC/ PDF||Enhancement|
|WORDSNET-17405||The text is rendered to the next page||Enhancement|
|WORDSNET-14851||Layout in PDF is not the same as in the WORD document||Enhancement|
|WORDSNET-15008||Table content overlaps footer and does not go to next page in PDF||Enhancement|
|WORDSNET-16413||Content control is rendered on next in output PDF||Enhancement|
|WORDSNET-17532||Cell break is wrapped to the next page||Enhancement|
|WORDSNET-13756||Throw meaningful exception for ReportingEngine.BuildReport||Enhancement|
|WORDSNET-17950||Extract common test code from Aspose.Words.Tests||Enhancement|
|WORDSNET-17809||ReportingEngine.buildReport throws java.lang.IllegalStateException||Enhancement|
|WORDSNET-17404||Content are pushed down to the next page in output PDF||Enhancement|
|WORDSNET-18018||DOC/X to PDF - consumes lot of memory and takes too much time||Performance|
|WORDSNET-17911||Loading big ODT file consumes too much time||Performance|
|WORDSNET-17623||Issue with Aspose Memory Usage||Performance|
|WORDSNET-18017||DOCX to HTML - Metafile checksum is invalid exception is thrown||Exception|
|WORDSNET-17803||MailMerge.ExecuteWithRegions throws System.InvalidOperationException||Exception|
|WORDSNET-17823||MailMerge.ExecuteWithRegions throws System.IndexOutOfRangeException||Exception|
|WORDSNET-17849||System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException is thrown when DOC is converted to PDF||Exception|
|WORDSNET-18042||InteropServices.ExternalException occurs when saving DOCX to an image||Exception|
|WORDSNET-18063||Aspose.Words.FileCorruptedException is thrown while loading RTF file||Exception|
|WORDSNET-17999||Wrong page numbers in PDF||Regression|
|WORDSNET-18039||System.NullReferenceException is thrown while saving DOCX to PDF||Regression|
|WORDSNET-18055||Cell's text is not wrapped in output PDF||Regression|
|WORDSNET-17655||The table has been moved after rendering||Bug|
|WORDSNET-17841||Extra paragraph added while loading HTML document||Bug|
|WORDSNET-17591||HTML to DOCX - output is not the same||Bug|
|WORDSNET-17521||Section Breaks not preserved during Open/Save an ODT||Bug|
|WORDSNET-17132||Image not rendering in PDF||Bug|
|WORDSNET-9001||Different table rendering for different compatibilityMode values||Bug|
|WORDSNET-17338||Images Breaking When Converting to PDF||Bug|
|WORDSNET-17965||DrawingML shape outline has incorrect width upon rendering||Bug|
|WORDSNET-17897||A gradient line is not rendered in the right bottom part of the page||Bug|
|WORDSNET-17880||Gradient fill of DrawingML shape outline is rendered incorrectly||Bug|
|WORDSNET-17647||Text alignment of SVG text is ignored in output DOCX/PDF||Bug|
|WORDSNET-17455||Merge HTML with word is failing||Bug|
|WORDSNET-17572||The document creator appears at the top of the text||Bug|
|WORDSNET-17989||Thick border around SmartArt appears during conversions||Bug|
|WORDSNET-17830||Converting MHTML to PDF produces no content||Bug|
|WORDSNET-17902||Repeating Content are lost after conversion from DOCX to PDF||Bug|
|WORDSNET-12376||DOCX to PDF conversion issue with image position||Bug|
|WORDSNET-17661||Incorrect calculation of Page numbers in TOC by UpdateFields method||Bug|
|WORDSNET-15996||Incorrect shape position in PDF document||Bug|
|WORDSNET-17855||Checkbox size decreased during DOCX to PDF conversion||Bug|
|WORDSNET-17983||DOCX to PDF conversion issue with shape's position||Bug|
|WORDSNET-18007||A Chart's Bar in SVG missing when inserted via Aspose.Words||Bug|
|WORDSNET-11045||Contents of table does not render correct in output DOC/ PDF||Bug|
|WORDSNET-15311||Bookmarks referenced by fields issue in HTML to DOC conversion||Bug|
|WORDSNET-17994||Mu character turns into an invalid Unicode character during converting doc to HTML||Bug|
|WORDSNET-15077||Text with full-width characters is indented incorrectly after import from HTML||Bug|
|WORDSNET-17970||Blank Image Generated during Word to HTML Conversion||Bug|
|WORDSNET-18041||Assertion during layout update||Bug|
|WORDSNET-18047||Footnote color is changed after RTF to DOCX conversion||Bug|
|WORDSNET-17826||HTML to DOCX conversion issue with extra line break||Bug|
|WORDSNET-17629||Vertical lines of SVG are rendered at incorrect position in DOCX/PDF||Bug|
|WORDSNET-17825||Extra spacing issue with paragraph during HTML to Word conversion||Bug|
|WORDSNET-17416||SVG is incorrectly imported into Aspose.Words DOM||Bug|
|WORDSNET-18026||Cell's text is not wrapped in output PDF||Bug|
|WORDSNET-17948||Incorrect shape width metrics prevent table grid re-calculation||Bug|
|WORDSNET-17570||Incorrect font size of the checkbox field||Bug|
|WORDSNET-17969||Numbers in numeric list are reversed when document is converted to PDF||Bug|
|WORDSNET-18054||Document.Save method throws exception||Bug|
|WORDSNET-17944||MailMergeCleanupOptions does not cleanup mail merge fields correctly||Bug|
|WORDSNET-18010||AcceptAllRevisions() method inserts paragraph with white spaces||Bug|
|WORDSNET-17991||DOC to PDF - investigate text misplacement and misalignment||Bug|
|WORDSNET-16496||Foreign language rendering as square boxes||Bug|
Public API and Backward Incompatible Changes
Adjusted Warnings for Image Processing Issues When Saving to PDF
Changes in Font Substitution Process and Public API
Supported Inlining of Syntax Error Messages into Templates Instead of Exception Throwing for LINQ Reporting Engine
Removed Deprecated Public Property TxtSaveOptions.ExportHeadersFooters