Welcome to the Aspose.PDF for .NET
Aspose.PDF is a .NET component built to allow developers to create PDF documents, whether simple or complex, on the fly programmatically. Aspose.PDF for .NET allows developers to insert tables, graphs, images, hyperlinks, custom fonts - and more - into PDF documents. Moreover, it is also possible to compress PDF documents. Aspose.PDF for .NET provides excellent security features to develop secure PDF documents. And the most distinct feature of Aspose.PDF for .NET is that it supports the creation of PDF documents through both an API and from XML templates.
Aspose.PDF for .NET is a robust .NET component that lets developers create PDF documents from scratch without using Adobe Acrobat. It provides a simple Application Programming Interface (API) that is easy to learn and use.
Aspose.PDF for .NET is implemented using Managed C# and it can be used with any .NET language like C#, VB.NET and J# etc. It can be integrated with any kind of application either it’s an ASP.NET Web Application or a Windows Application.
So that the developers can get up and running quickly, Aspose.PDF for .NET provides fully featured demos and working examples written in C#. Using these demos, developers can quickly learn about the features provided by Aspose.PDF for .NET.
The fast, light-weight component creates PDF documents efficiently and helps your application perform better. Aspose.PDF for .NET is our customers’ first choice when creating PDF documents because of its price, superb performance and great support.
Aspose.PDF for .NET is multithread safe as long as only one thread works on a document at a time. It is a typical scenario to have one thread working on one document. Different threads can safely work on different documents at the same time.
All Aspose .NET components require Full Trust permission set. The reason is, Aspose .NET components need to access registry settings, system files other than virtual directory for certain operations like parsing fonts etc. Moreover, Aspose .NET Components are based on core .NET system classes that also require Full Trust permission set in many cases.
Internet Service Providers hosting multiple applications from different companies mostly enforce Medium Trust security level. In case of .NET 2.0, such security level applies the following constraints:
- OleDbPermission is not available. This means you cannot use the ADO.NET managed OLE DB data provider to access databases.
- EventLogPermission is not available. This means you cannot access the Windows event log.
- ReflectionPermission is not available. This means you cannot use reflection.
- RegistryPermission is not available. This means you cannot access the registry.
- WebPermission is restricted. This means your application can only communicate with an address or range of addresses that you define in the
- FileIOPermission is restricted. This means you can only access files in your application’s virtual directory hierarchy.
Due to the reasons specified above, Aspose .NET components cannot be used on servers granting permission set other than Full Trust.