Aspose.Slides Java for PHP
Introduction to Aspose.Slides Java for PHP
PHP / Java Bridge
The PHP/Java Bridge is an implementation of a streaming, XML-based network protocol, which can be used to connect a native script engine, for example PHP, Scheme or Python, with a Java virtual machine. It is up to 50 times faster than local RPC via SOAP, requires less resources on the web-server side. It is faster and more reliable than direct communication via the Java Native Interface, and it requires no additional components to invoke Java procedures from PHP or PHP procedures from Java.
Read more at sourceforge.net
Aspose.Slides for Java
Aspose.Slides for Java is a unique PowerPoint management component that enables Java based applications to read, write and manipulate PowerPoint documents without using Microsoft PowerPoint.One can generate, modify, copy, convert, render and print presentations without installing Microsoft PowerPoint.
Aspose.Slides for Java supports presentation file formats including PPT, PPS, POT, PresentationML (OOXML, PPTX) and Open Document Presentations (ODP).
Aspose.Slides Java for PHP
Project Aspose.Slides for PHP shows how different tasks can be performed using Aspose.Slides Java APIs in PHP. This project is aimed to provide useful examples for PHP Developers who want to utilise Aspose.Slides for Java in their PHP Projects using PHP/Java Bridge.
This section includes the following topics:
- Download and Configure Aspose.Slides in PHP
- Php Programmers Guide
- Introduction to Presentation in PHP
- Working with ActiveX Controls in PHP
- Working with Charts in PHP
- Adding Chart Series Overlap for Charts in PHP
- Adding Chart Trend Lines in PHP
- Adding Error Bars for Charts in PHP
- Creating a Chart from Scratch in PHP
- Formatting Chart Entities in PHP
- Managing Different Properties of Charts in PHP
- Setting Pie Chart Sector Colors in PHP
- Setting the Label Distance From Category Axis in PHP
- Updating an Existing Chart in PHP
- Working with Presentation in PHP
- Accessing OpenDocument Presentation in PHP
- Converting PPT to PPTX in PHP
- Converting Presentation to HTML in PHP
- Converting Presentation to PDF in PHP
- Converting Presentation to TIFF in PHP
- Converting Presentation to XPS in PHP
- Converting Presentation with Notes in PHP
- Managing Presentation Properties in PHP
- Opening a Presentation in PHP
- Saving a Presentation in PHP
- Setting Default Zoom Value for Presentation in PHP
- Working with Shapes in PHP
- Adding Audio Frame to Slide in PHP
- Adding Line Shape to Slide in PHP
- Adding Picture Frame to Slide in PHP
- Adding Video Frame to Slide in PHP
- Filling Shapes with Pattern in PHP
- Filling Shapes with Picture in PHP
- Filling Shapes with Solid Color in PHP
- Finding a Shape in a Slide in PHP
- Formatting Lines of the Shapes in PHP
- Rotating Shapes in PHP
- Working with Slides in Presentation in PHP
- Accessing Slides of a Presentation in PHP
- Adding Slides to Presentation in PHP
- Changing the Position of a Slide in PHP
- Cloning Slides in Presentation in PHP
- Creating Slides SVG Image in PHP
- Creating Slides Thumbnail Image in PHP
- Managing Slides Transitions in PHP
- Managing the Hyperlinks in Presentation in PHP
- Removing Slides from a Presentation in PHP
- Setting the Background Color to Slides in PHP
- Setting the Image as Background to Slides in PHP
- Working With Slide Size and Layout in PHP
- Working with SmartArt in PHP
- Working with Tables in PHP
- Working with Text in PHP
- Applying Shadow Effects on Slide Text in PHP
- Creating a TextBox on Slide in PHP
- Creating TextBox with Hyperlink in PHP
- Managing Font Family of Text in PHP
- Managing Font Related Properties in PHP
- Managing Text Autofit and Rotation in PHP
- Managing WordArt Properties in PHP
- Replacing Text in a Placeholder in PHP
- Using Default Fonts for Rendering Presentation in PHP
- Support, Extend and Contribute to Aspose.Slides in PHP
System Requirements and Supported Platforms
Following are the system requirements to use Aspose.Slides Java for PHP:
- Tomcat Server 8.0 or above installed.
- PHP/JavaBridge is configured.
- FastCGI is installed.
- Downloaded Aspose.Slides component.
Following are the supported platforms:
- PHP 5.3 or above
- Java 1.8 or above
Downloads and Configure
Download Required Libraries
Download required libraries mentioned below. These are the required for executing Aspose.Slides Java for PHP examples.
Download Examples from Social Coding Sites
Following releases of running examples are available to download on below mentioned social coding sites:
- Aspose.Slides Java for PHP Examples
How to configure the source code on Linux Platform
Please follow these simple steps in order to open and extend the source code while using:
1. Install Tomcat Server
To install tomcat server, issue following command on the linux console. This will successfully install tomcat server.
sudo apt-get install tomcat8
2. Download and Configure PHP/JavaBridge
In order to download the PHP/JavaBridge binaries, issue following command on the linux console.
Unzip the PHP/JavaBridge binaries by issuing the following command on linux console.
unzip -d php-java-bridge_6.2.1_documentation.zip
This will extract JavaBridge.war file. Copy it to tomcat88 webapps folder by issuing the following command on Linux console.
sudo cp JavaBridge.war /var/lib/tomcat8/webapps/JavaBridge.war
By copying, tomcat8 will automatically create a new folder “JavaBridge” in webapps. Once the folder is created, make sure your tomcat8 is running and then check http://localhost:8080/JavaBridge in browser, it should open a default page of JavaBridge.
If any error message appears then install FastCGI by issuing the following command on Linux console.
sudo apt-get install php55-cgi
After installing php5.5 cgi, restart tomcat8 server and check http://localhost:8080/JavaBridge again in the browser.
If JAVA_HOME error is displayed, then open /etc/default/tomcat8 file and uncomment the line that sets the JAVA_HOME. Check http://localhost:8080/JavaBridge in browser again, it should come with PHP/JavaBridge Examples page.
3. Configure Aspose.Slides Java for PHP Examples
Clone, PHP examples by issuing the following commands inside webapps/JavaBridge folder.
$ git init $ git clone [https://github.com/aspose-slides/Aspose.Slides-for-Java/tree/master/Plugins/Aspose_Slides_Java_for_PHP]
How to configure the source code on Windows Platform
Please follow below simple steps to configure PHP/Java Bridge on Windows Platform
Install PHP5 and configure as you normally do
Install JRE 6 (Java Runtime Environment) if you don’t already have it. You can check this in C:\Program Files etc. You can download it here . I am using JRE 6 as It is compatible with PHP Java Bridge (PJB).
Install Apache Tomcat 8.0. You can download it here
4.Download JavaBridge.war. Copy this file to tomcat webapps directory. (ex: C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.0\webapps )
- Restart tomcat apache service.
6.Go to http://localhost:8080/JavaBridge/test.php to check if php works. You can find other examples in there
7.Copy your Aspose.Slides Java jar file to C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.0\webapps\JavaBridge\WEB-INF\lib
Clone Aspose.Slides Java for PHP examples inside C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.0\webapps\ folder.
Copy folder C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.0\webapps\JavaBridge\java to your Aspose.Slides Java for PHP examples folder.
Restart apache tomcat service and start using examples.
Support, Extend and Contribute
From the very first days of Aspose, we knew that just giving our customers good products would not be enough. We also needed to deliver good service. We are developers ourselves and understand how frustrating it is when a technical issue or a quirk in the software stops you from doing what you need to do. We’re here to solve problems, not create them.
This is why we offer free support. Anyone who uses our product, whether they have bought them or are using an evaluation, deserves our full attention and respect.
You can log any issues or suggestions related to Aspose.Slides Java for PHP using any of the following platforms:
Extend and Contribute
Aspose.Slides Java for PHP is open source and its source code is available on the major social coding websites listed below. Developers are encouraged to download the source code and contribute by suggesting or adding new feature or improving the existing ones, so that others could also benefit from it.
You can get the latest source code from one of the following locations