Evaluation Version Limitations
A free evaluation version of Aspose.SVG for .NET can be downloaded from the downloads section of Aspose’s website at: Download Aspose.SVG API.
The evaluation version provides all the features except the following:
- Watermark is added to the output files
- Only the first four pages of the SVG document can be converted.
- Only 50% of SVG Document’s nodes will be saved during serialization
Apply License using File or Stream Object
- Explicit path.
- The folder that contains Aspose.SVG.dll.
- The folder that contains the assembly that called Aspose.SVG.dll.
- The folder that contains the entry assembly (your .exe).
- An embedded resource in the assembly that called Aspose.SVG.dll.
The easiest way to set a license is to put the license file in the same folder as the Aspose.SVG.dll file and specify the file name, without a path, as shown in the example below.
If you are using any other Aspose for .NET API along with Aspose.SVG for .NET, please specify the namespace for the license like Aspose.ThreeD.License.
Loading a License from File
The easiest way to apply a license is to put the license file in the same folder as the Aspose.SVG.dll file and specify just the file name without a path.
Loading a License from a Stream Object
The following example shows how to load a license from a stream.
Apply License using Embedded Resource
One way of applying a license is to set it using a file or stream object. Another neat way of packaging the license with your application and making sure it will not be lost is to include it as an embedded resource into one of the assemblies that calls the component’s DLL (included in Aspose.SVG).
To include the license file as an embedded resource:
- In Visual Studio .NET, include the license (.lic) file into the project by selecting File, then Add Existing Item and finally Add.
- Select the file in the Solution Explorer.
- Set the Build Action to Embedded Resource in the Properties window.
- To access the license embedded in the assembly (as an embedded resource), just add the license file as an embedded resource to the project and pass the name of the license file to the SetLicense method. The License class automatically finds the license file in the embedded resources. There’s no need to call the GetExecutingAssembly and GetManifestResourceStream methods of the System.Reflection.Assembly class in the Microsoft .NET Framework.
The following code snippet is used to set the license.
Apply Metered License
Aspose.SVG for .NET API allows developers to apply the metered license. It is a new licensing mechanism. The new licensing mechanism will be used along with the existing licensing method. Those customers who want to be billed based on the usage of the API features can use the metered licensing. For more details, please refer to Metered Licensing FAQ section.
A new class Metered has been added to apply the metered key. This code example demonstrates how to set metered public and private keys: