Task's General Properties
The static class Tsk contains all the properties related to a Task and can get or set using the Get and Set methods exposed by Task class. Some of the commonly used properties are as follow:
- Name, used to set and get a task’s name (string).
- Id, used to set and get a task’s ID (integer).
- Uid, used to set and get a task’s unique ID (integer).
- Start, used to set and get a task’s start date (DateTime).
- Finish, used to set and get a task’s end date (DateTime).
To view a task’s general properties in Microsoft Project:
- Open a project.
- On the View menu, select More Views and then Task Entry to open the task entry form.
- From the Insert menu, select Column and add the ID and Unique ID.
Setting General Properties
The code example given below demonstrates how to set general properties.
Getting General Properties
Get a task’s properties by traversing the children of the project’s RootTask property.