Aspose.Tasks for Java Product Overview
Welcome to Aspose.Tasks for Java!
Aspose.Tasks for Java is a class library that enables Java application developers to embed the functionality of processing MPP/MPT/XLS documents without even using Microsoft Project software. The API, hence, eliminates the requirement of Microsoft Office Automation in such applications. Ported from its equivalent .NET product, Aspose.Tasks for Java is a mature product that offers stability and flexibility. The component provides an easy to use API for manipulating project files, saving time and money compared to developing similar features from scratch.
Using Aspose.Tasks for Java in your applications gives you the following benefits:
Aspose.Tasks offers a wide arrange of features for creating, reading, manipulating and saving project files:
- Read, change and write Microsoft Project MPP/XML documents.
- Read MPP projects (native Microsoft Project format and Microsoft Office 365 Project Online format) and XML project formats. All versions from Microsoft Project 2003 to Microsoft Project 2019 MPP formats are supported.
- Create, update and write projects in an XML project format. The versions from Microsoft Project 2003 to Microsoft Project 2019 are supported.
- Read MPP project files, update their summary information and write them in original MPP format.
- Read MPP project files and convert them to XML format using Aspose.Tasks for Java (the XML can be manipulated by implementing a custom XML parser).
- Change main project settings like schedule type, start and finish dates.
- Change default project settings like default standard rate, default overtime rate, default task type, default fixed cost accrual, etc.
- Manage extended attributes.
- Define weekdays for the project.
- Define weekdays for calendars and calendar exceptions.
- Read and write calendars for tasks and resources.
- Manage task baseline scheduling, durations.
- Handle constraints on tasks.
- Create and manage links between tasks.
- Read, change and create tasks, milestone, estimated critical or effort driven tasks.
- Manage resources costs and variances.
- Access assignment costs and budget.
- Resource prefix implementation for nested resources.
Use Aspose.Tasks for Java to build any type of 32-bit or 64-bit Java applications that can be run on any machine having Java Runtime installed. Aspose.Tasks for Java can be used in a variety of applications including Web as well as Desktop applications.
Performance and Scalability
Ported from its equivalent .NET version, Aspose.Tasks for Java is a stable API that can be deployed on the server as well as client-side with applications. No other modules or services are required for its functionality.
Aspose provides unlimited free technical support for all its products. The support is available to all users, including ones running an evaluation.
If you need help, visit the Aspose.Forums. Post your question in the Aspose.Tasks forum and it will be answered within a few hours.
When expecting a reply in the forums, please allow for time zone differences.
Reporting an Issue
If you have an issue, follow these simple steps to make sure it is resolved efficiently:
- Make sure you use the latest version of the product before reporting an issue. See the Aspose.Tasks for Java download page to find out about the latest version.
- Have a look through the forums, this documentation Wiki and the API Reference before reporting an issue. Your question may already have an answer.
- When reporting an issue, please include the original document and possibly a fragment of your code that causes the problem. If you need to attach multiple files, ZIP them into one. It is safe to attach your documents in the forums since only you and Aspose’s developers have access to the attached files.
- Please try to report one issue per thread. If you have another issue, report it in a separate thread.
Aspose does not provide technical support over the phone. Phone support is only available for sales and purchase questions.
This table lists important Aspose.Tasks for Java technical resources.
|Aspose.Tasks home page||Product home page.|
|Aspose.Tasks blog||Check this often for information about new releases and useful tips about Aspose.Tasks.|
|Aspose.Tasks for Java support forum||Post your questions and issues here for a speedy resolution.|
|Aspose.Tasks for Java product documentation||Full online documentation.|
|Aspose.Tasks for Java API References||Aspose.Tasks for Java API Reference.|