Aspose.Tasks for .NET Product Overview
Welcome to Aspose.Tasks for .NET
Aspose.Tasks for .NET is a cross-platform class library that enables .NET applications to read and write MPP/XML files without using Microsoft Project software. It is currently the only .NET component that provides this functionality. Aspose.Tasks for .NET is a mature product that enables your applications to perform a great range of document processing tasks with stability and flexibility. As with all of the Aspose file management components, Aspose.Tasks for .NET works well with both Win Form and WebForm applications.
With Aspose.Tasks for .NET, it is possible to program with Microsoft Project (MPP/XML) files without using Microsoft Project. The component provides an easy to use API for manipulating project files, saving time and money compared to developing similar features from scratch.
Aspose.Tasks for .NET supports MPP, MPT, XML, XLSX, HTML, PDF, XAML and other formats. You can generate, modify, convert, render and print documents without utilizing Microsoft Project software. Using Aspose.Tasks for .NET in your applications gives you the following benefits:
Aspose.Tasks offers a wide arrange of features for creating, reading, manipulating and saving project files:
- Read, change and write Microsoft Project or Oracle Primavera documents - MPP/XML/P6XML formats are supported.
- Read MPP projects (native Microsoft Project format and Microsoft Project Online format) and XML project formats. Microsoft Project 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019 MPP formats are supported.
- Create, update and write projects in XML project format.
- Read MPP project files, update their summary information and write them in original MPP format.
- Read MPP project files and convert them to XML format using Aspose.Tasks for .NET (the XML can be manipulated by implementing a custom XML parser).
- Change main project settings like schedule type, start and finish dates.
- Change default project settings like default standard rate, default overtime rate, default task type, default fixed cost accrual, etc.
- Manage extended attributes.
- Define weekdays for the project.
- Define weekdays for calendars and calendar exceptions.
- Read and write calendars for tasks and resources.
- Manage task baseline scheduling and duration.
- Handle constraints on tasks.
- Create and manage links between tasks.
- Read, change and create tasks, milestone, estimated critical or effort driven tasks.
- Manage resources costs and variances.
- Access assignment costs and budget.
- Support for the encoding of MPX files.
- Resource prefix implementation for nested resources.
- Support of setting CSS prefix for HTML export.
- Set custom date format while exporting to PDF format.
- Reading of VBA information (references, modules, module attributes) from MPP is supported.
Use Aspose.Tasks for .NET to build any type of 32-bit or 64-bit .NET application including ASP.NET, WCF, WPF, Web Services, and WinForms. It is possible to use Aspose.Tasks for .NET via COM Interop from ASP, Perl, PHP and Python. You can also use Aspose.Tasks for .NET to build applications with Mono.
Aspose.Tasks for .NET supports:
- Visual Studio 2005
- Visual Studio 2008
- Visual Studio 2010
- Visual Studio 2012
- Visual Studio 2015
- Visual Studio 2017
- Visual Studio 2019
Performance and Scalability
Aspose.Tasks for .NET is designed to perform equally well server- or client-side. Aspose.Tasks for .NET is a single .NET assembly that can be deployed with any .NET application by simply copying it. You do not have to worry about other services or modules. You can literally generate thousands of documents in minutes with Aspose.Tasks and that involves opening a document, modifying content and formatting or populating it with data and saving it.
Aspose.Tasks is developed in a way that only one thread works on a document at a time. It is a typical scenario to have one thread working on one document. Different threads can safely work on different documents at the same time.
Supported Microsoft Project Versions
All Aspose .NET components require Full Trust permission to be set. The reason for this is that Aspose .NET components need to access registry settings, system files other than a virtual directory for certain operations like parsing fonts. Moreover, Aspose .NET Components are based on core .NET system classes that also require Full Trust permission set in many cases.
Internet Service Providers hosting multiple applications from different companies mostly enforce Medium Trust security level. In the case of .NET 2.0, such security level applies the following constraints:
- OleDbPermission is not available. This means you cannot use the ADO.NET managed OLE DB data provider to access databases.
- EventLogPermission is not available. This means you cannot access the Windows event log.
- ReflectionPermission is not available. This means you cannot use reflection.
- RegistryPermission is not available. This means you cannot access the registry.
- WebPermission is restricted. This means your application can only communicate with an address or range of addresses that you define in the
- FileIOPermission is restricted. This means you can only access files in your application’s virtual directory hierarchy.
For the reasons specified above, Aspose .NET components cannot be used on servers granting permission set other than Full Trust.
Aspose provides unlimited free technical support for all its products. The support is available to all users, including ones running an evaluation.
If you need help, visit the Aspose.Forums. Post your question in the Aspose.Tasks for .NET forum and it will be answered within a few hours.
When expecting a reply in the forums, please allow for time zone differences.
Reporting an Issue
If you have an issue, follow these simple steps to make sure it is resolved efficiently:
- Make sure you use the latest version of the product before reporting an issue.
- Have a look through the forums, this documentation Wiki and the API Reference before reporting an issue. Your question may already have an answer.
- When reporting an issue, please include the original document and possibly a fragment of your code that causes the problem. If you need to attach multiple files, zip them into one. It is safe to attach your documents in the forums since only you and Aspose’s developers have access to the attached files.
- Please try to report one issue per thread. If you have another issue, report it in a separate thread.
Aspose does not provide technical support over the phone. Phone support is only available for sales and purchase questions.
This table lists important Aspose.Tasks for .NET technical resources.
|Aspose.Tasks home page||Product home page.|
|Aspose.Tasks blog||Check this often for information about new releases and useful tips about Aspose.Tasks.|
|Aspose.Tasks for .NET support forum||Post your questions and issues here for a speedy resolution.|
|Aspose.Tasks for .NET product documentation||Full online documentation.|
|Aspose.Tasks for .NET API References||Online Aspose.Tasks for .NET API References.|