Writing Metadata to MPP
Aspose.Tasks for .NET provides a facility for writing metadata to MPP files for calendars, tasks, task links, resources and resource assignments.
Writing Metadata to Microsoft Project Files
The following metadata is used in this example:
Here IsMarked and IgnoreWarnings are newly added fields for a task. Similarly for resources, the TeamAssignmentPool and CostCenter properties are provided.
The following steps are followed in the sample code to demonstrate how to write metadata to MPP files:
- Open a new, blank MPP file.
- Add working times on Monday of the project calendar and change the project calendar name.
- Add three tasks with task links and lags.
- Add two resources, one budget work and one budget cost resource (four in total).
- Assign budget resources to the project root task (the project summary task).
- Assign another two resources to the first and second tasks.
- Set the project baseline.
- Add a new task extended attribute.
- Save changes as an MPP file.