Licensing - Aspose.TeX for .NET
You can easily download Aspose.TeX for .NET product for evaluation purposes. Please refer to the Aspose.TeX for .NET download page to find out the latest version. The evaluation download is same as the purchased download. The evaluation version simply becomes licensed when you add a few lines of code to apply the license.
Evaluation Version Limitations
Evaluation version of Aspose.TeX (without a license specified) provides full product functionality except that only up to four first pages can be obtained in output document. Also, those pages will be stamped with evaluation mode watermark.
If you want to try Aspose.TeX out without evaluation limitations, request a 30-day temporary license. Please refer to How to get a Temporary License? for more information.
Applying a License
Once you are happy with your evaluation of Aspose.TeX for .NET, buy a license at the Aspose website: Purchase Portal. Make yourself familiar with the different license types available. If you have any questions, contact the Aspose sales team and they’ll be happy to help you.
Every Aspose license carries a one-year subscription for free upgrades to any new versions or fixes that come out during this time. We provide free and unlimited technical support to both licensed and evaluation users.
The license is a plain text XML file that contains details such as the product name, number of licensed developers, subscription expiry date and so on. The file is digitally signed, so do not modify the file: even adding an extra line break to the file invalidates it.
When to Apply a License
Follow these simple rules:
- The license only needs to be set once per application domain.
- You need to set the license before using any other Aspose.TeX classes.
- Calling SetLicense multiple times is not harmful, but wastes processor time.
- If you are developing a Windows Forms or console application, call SetLicense in the startup code, before using Aspose.TeX classes.
- When developing an ASP.NET application, call SetLicense from the Global.asax.cs file, in the Aplication_Start protected method. It is called once when the application starts.
- Do not call SetLicense from within the Page_Load methods since it means the license will be loaded every time a web page is loaded.
- If you are developing a class library, you can call SetLicense from a static constructor of the class that uses Aspose.TeX. The static constructor executes before an instance of your class is created making sure Aspose.TeX license is properly set.
Apply License using File or Stream Object
Use the License.SetLicense method to license the component. The easiest way to set a license is to put the license file in the same folder as the Aspose.TeX.dll and specify the filename, without a path, as shown below.
Loading a License from File
This code snippet initializes a license stored in a file or in an embedded resource.
Loading a License from a Stream Object
These code snippets initialize the license from stream.