Welcome to Aspose.ZIP for .NET
Aspose.ZIP for .NET is a flexible and easy to use .NET API that lets you work with files compression in a standard ZIP format. It saves you time and effort by allowing you to achieve compression/decompression of files and folders without going into the underlying complexity of the compress file formats.
Aspose.ZIP provides you with the capability to password protect the ZIP archives with traditional as well as AES encryption techniques. The API is easy to use, robust and written in managed code to be used in .NET applications.
Aspose.ZIP for .NET is implemented using Managed C# and can be used with any .NET language: C#, VB.NET, F#. It can be integrated with any kind of application, from ASP.NET web applications to forms applications within any OS: Windows/Linux/MacOS.It also provides fully featured demos written in both C# so that developers can get up and running quickly. Using parallel compression of zip archive with several entries can gain up to 5x speed increase. Aspose.ZIP can be used to perform a variety of tasks in applications. For example:
- Compress files and folders to standard ZIP and 7z format
- Decompress files and folders
- Password protect ZIP archives
- Support for traditional password protection schemes
- Encrypting archives with AES Encryption schemes
- Support for AES 128, AES 192 and AES 256 Encryption techniques
- Apply a different protection scheme to each file in an archive
- Append files to a zipped archive
- Use parallelism to achieve efficient compression
- LZMA, PPMd and BZip2 compression within a ZIP archive
- 7z archive composition with LZMA, LZMA2 or Bzip2 compression