Create Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts
A pivot table is an interactive summary of records. For example, you may have hundreds of invoice entries in a list in a worksheet. A pivot table can total the invoices by customer, product or date. With Microsoft Excel it is possible to quickly re-arrange the information in the pivot table by dragging buttons to a new position.
A pivot chart is an interactive graphical representation of the data in a pivot table. Pivot charts were introduced in Excel 2000. Using a pivot chart makes it even easier to understand the data since the pivot table creates subtotals and totals automatically.
Adding Pivot Tables and Charts
Aspose.Cells for Python via .NET provides a special set of classes used to create pivot tables. These classes are used to create and set PivotTable objects, which act as a PivotTable object’s basic building blocks:
- PivotField, a field in a pivot table report.
- PivotFields, a collection of all the PivotField objects in a pivot table.
- PivotTable, a PivotTable report on a worksheet.
- PivotTables, a collection of all the PivotTable objects on the worksheet.
Preparing to use Aspose.Cells for Python via .NET
- Install Aspose.Cells for Python via .NET from pypi, use command as: $ pip install aspose-cells-python.
- You can also follow the step-by-step instructions on how to install “Aspose.Cells for Python via .NET” to your developer environment.
Adding a Pivot Table
To create a pivot table using Aspose.Cells for Python via .NET:
- Add some data to a worksheet cells using a Cell object’s put_value method. You also use a template file already filled with data. The data will be used as the pivot table’s data source.
- Add a pivot table to the worksheet by calling the PivotTables collection’s add method (encapsulated in the Worksheet object).
- Access the new PivotTable object from the PivotTables collection by passing its index. # Use any of the pivot table objects encapsulated in the PivotTable object to manage the table.
Code examples are given below.
Adding a Pivot Chart
To create a PivotChart using Aspose.Cells for Python via .NET:
- Add a chart.
- Set the PivotSource of the chart to refer to an existing pivot table in the spreadsheet.
- Set other attributes.