Working with MAPI Properties
Accessing and Setting Outlook MAPI Property
The MapiProperty class represents a MAPI property, which contains:
- Name: a string that represents the property’s name.
- Tag: a long that represents the property’s tag.
- Data: a byte array which represents the property’s data.
Getting MAPI Property using the MAPI Property Tag
To get MAPI properties:
- Create an instance of MapiMessage by loading from files or stream.
- Get the MapiProperty from MapiMessage.Properties by MapiPropertyTag keys.
- Get the Data of the MapiProperty by method GetX.
The following code snippet shows you how to get MAPI property using the MAPI property tag.
Setting MAPI Properties
The following code snippet shows you how to set MAPI properties.
where the definition of convertDateTime method is as follow:
int64_t filetime = t.ToFileTime(); System::ArrayPtr<uint8_t> d = System::MakeArray<uint8_t>(8, 0); d = (uint8_t)(filetime & 0xFF); d = (uint8_t)((filetime & 0xFF00) >> 8); d = (uint8_t)((filetime & 0xFF0000) >> 16); d = (uint8_t)((filetime & 0xFF000000) >> 24); d = (uint8_t)((filetime & 0xFF00000000) >> 32); d = (uint8_t)((filetime & 0xFF0000000000) >> 40); d = (uint8_t)((filetime & 0xFF000000000000) >> 48); d = (uint8_t)(((uint64_t)filetime & 0xFF00000000000000) >> 56);
Reading Named MAPI Properties from Outlook MSG Files
Microsoft Outlook supports adding named MAPI properties to an MSG file. These named MAPI properties are added by the user. You can add a named property, for example “MyProp”, to an MSG file using Aspose.Email. This article illustrates Aspose.Email’s capabilities to:
- Read Name MAPI Properties from an Outlook MSG file
- Read Properties from Attachments
- Remove Properties from MSGs and Attachments
Read Named MAPI Properties from MSG file
The following code snippet shows you how to read named MAPI properties from MSG file.
Reading Named MAPI Property from Attachment
Aspose.Email also allows you to traverse through the properties of a MapiAttachment and search for a named property, in a way similar to the example above, for MapiMessage. The following code snippet shows you how to search for a named property through the attachment’s property collection.
Remove Properties from MSGs and Attachments
The following code snippet shows you how to remove properties from MSGs and attachments.