Working with Gmail Calendars
Adding, Editing and Deleting a Calendar
Aspose.Email allows applications to manage the Gmail calendars using IGmailClient which provides features like adding, deleting and updating Gmail calendars. This client class returns list of ExtendedCalendar type objects which contain information about the Gmail calendar items. IGmailClient class exposes the following functions for calendars:
- CreateCalendar It can be used to insert new calendar
- ListCalendars It can be used to get the list of all calendars of a client
- DeleteCalendar It can be used to delete a calendar
- FetchCalendar It can be used to fetch particular calendar of a client
- UpdateCalendar This function is used to insert back a modified calendar of a client
To Access the calendars, GoogleTestUser is initialized using gmail account credentials. GoogleOAuthHelper is used to get the access token for the user which is further used to initialize IGmailClient.
Insert, Fetch and Update
For inserting a calendar, initialize a Calendar type object and insert it using CreateCalendar() function. CreateCalendar() returns the id of the newly inserted calendar. This id can be used to fetch the calendar from the server. The following code snippet shows you how to insert, fetch and update calendar.
Delete particular calendar
For deleting a particular calendar, we need to get the list of all the calendars of a client and then delete as required. ListCalendars() returns the list of ExtendedCalendar which contains Gmail calendars. The following code snippet shows you how to delete particular calendar.
Working with Calendar Access Control
Aspose.Email provides full control over the access to the calendar items. ListAccessRules() function is exposed by IGmailClient which returns the list of AccessControlRule. Individual rule information can be retrieved, modified and saved back for the calendar of a client. IGmailClient contains the following functions for managing the access control rules.
- ListAccessRules This function provides the list of AccessControlRule
- CreateAccessRule This function creates a new access rule for a calendar.
- UpdateAccessRule This function is used for updating an access rule.
- FetchAccessRule It can be used to fetch particular access rule for calendar of a client
- DeleteAccessRule This function is used for deleting an access rule.
The following code snippet shows you how to use functions for managing the access rules:
Working with Client Settings and Color Info
Aspose.Email supports accessing the Client settings by using IGmailClient.GetSettings(). It returns the list of settings as given below:
Similarly color info for clients can also be retrieved using IGmailClient.GetColors(). This color info object returns the list of Foreground colors, background colors and update date and time.
Access client settings
The following code snippet shows you how the functions can be used for accessing the client settings:
Access color info
The following code snippet shows you how the functions can be used for accessing the client color settings.
Working with Appointments
Aspose.Email provides features for working with Appointments in Google calendars. Following is the list of tasks that can be performed on appointments in google calendar:
- Add Appointments.
- Retrieve list off appointments.
- Retrieve particular appointment.
- Update an appointment.
- Move appointment from one calendar to another.
- Delete appointment.
Adding an appointment
The following code sample demonstrates the feature of adding an appointment in a calendar. To achieve this, follow the steps:
- Create and insert a calendar.
- Retrieve the list of appointments from a new calendar.
- Create an appointment.
- Insert an appointment.
Retrieve and update an appointment
Here retrieving and updating of calendar is demonstrated as follows:
- Rerieve particaulr appointment.
- Modify the appointment.
- Update the appointment in calendar.
It is assumed that a calendar with id “calendarId” and appointment unique id “AppointmentUniqueId” are already extracted. The following code snippet shows you how to retrieve and update an appointment.
Move and Delete an appointment
Appointment can be moved by providing the source calendar, destination calendar and the unique id of an appointment in the source calendar. The following code snippet shows you how to move and delete an appointment.