Installing Aspose.Email for SharePoint
Contents[ Hide ]
Aspose.Email for SharePoint is downloadable as Aspose.Email.SharePoint2010.zip archive.
The Aspose.Email for SharePoint archive contains folders:
- Email Conversion: Convert email file formats and attachments extraction from EML and MSG files in a document library.
- Email Synchronization: Email’s synchronization between SharePoint’s custom list of emails and mail server.
- Document Library Synchronization: File synchronization between the document library and FTP server.
Each folder contains license agreement and installation files:
- wsp file: SharePoint solution file. Aspose.Email for SharePoint is packaged as a SharePoint solution to facilitate deployment/retraction across the server farm.
- Aspose_LicenseAgreement.rtf: End user license agreement
- Setup.exe: Setup program
- Setup.exe.config: Setup configuration file.
The setup program checks the following conditions before carrying out the installation:
- SharePoint Foundation 2010 is installed.
- The user has permission to install SharePoint solutions.
- SharePoint Foundation 2010 Administration service is started.
- SharePoint Foundation 2010 Timer service is started.
WSS Administration service and Timer service are needed because some setup actions rely on a timer job to propagate to all servers in the server farm.
To install Aspose.Email for SharePoint:
- Unpack the Aspose.Email for SharePoint SIP to the local drive on the SharePoint 2010 server.
- Run Setup.exe and follow the instructions on the screen. The setup program performs the following actions:
- Checks installation prerequisites. Setup will not continue if any check fails.
- Displays the end user license agreement. The user must accept the agreement to proceed
- Installs and deploys the feature to the server farm