Aspose.Imaging for JasperReports includes a number of demo projects to help you get started.
The demos provided with Aspose.Imaging for JasperReports are standard JasperReports demos modified to demonstrate the use of the new exporters.
To run Aspose.Imaging for JasperReports demos, perform the following steps:
- Download JasperReports (e.g https://sourceforge.net/projects/jasperreports/files/archive/). Make sure to download the entire archived project with the source code and demos, not just a single JAR.
- Unpack the archived project to some location on your hard disk, for example C:.
- Copy all demo folders from the \samples folder of aspose-imaging-jasperreports-xx.x.zip to <InstallDir>\demo\samples, where “<InstallDir>” is the location you have unpacked JasperReports to. This step is required because demo build scripts rely on the JasperReports’ folder structure, otherwise you will need to modify build scripts.
- Copy aspose-imaging-jasperreports-xx.x.jar from the \lib folder of aspose-imaging-jasperreports-xx.x.zip to <InstallDir>\lib.
- Prepare Ant Build Tool and Ivy Dependency Manager, see <InstallDir>\readme.txt.
- Modify the build.xml at <InstallDir>\demo\samples, add the aspose-imaging-jasperreports-xx.x.jar into the classpath: <path id=“project-classpath”> … <pathelement location="../../lib/aspose-imaging-jasperreports-xx.xx.jar"/> .
- Change the current directory to <InstallDir>\demo\hsqldb and run the following command line: ant runServer
- Change the current directory to one of the Aspose.Imaging for JasperReports demos, for example <InstallDir>\demo\samples\charts.ai and run the following commands in the command line: ant test - to produce report files.
- Open one of the resulting documents to view, for example <InstallDir>\demo\samples\charts.ai\build\reports\AreaChartReport.jpg.