Aspose.Total Java for Spring
Spring Java FrameWork
The Spring Framework is a collection of small, well-focused, loosely coupled Java frameworks that can be used independently or collectively to build industrial strength applications of many different types. The PetClinic sample application is designed to show how the Spring application frameworks can be used to build simple, but powerful database-oriented applications. It will demonstrate the use of Spring’s core functionality:
- JavaBeans based application configuration using Inversion-Of-Control
- Model-View-Controller web Presentation Layer
- Practical database access through JDBC, Hibernate, or Java Persistence API
- Application monitoring based on JMX
- Declarative Transaction Management using AOP
- Data Validation that supports but is not dependent on the Presentation Layer
Aspose.Total for Java
Aspose.Total for Java is a compilation of every Java API offered by Aspose. Using Aspose.Total for Java developers can create a wide range of applications, each leveraging the combined power of all Aspose Java components that are included as part of the Aspose.Total for Java suite.
Aspose Java for Spring
Aspose Java for Spring is an extension of Spring’s PetClinic Sample Web Application, Developed to show how Aspose.Total for Java APIs can be used within the Spring Framework.
This adapted application shows the Integration of Aspose.Total for Java APIs with Spring MVC, JSP and Maven based project.
Aspose Java for Spring adds use cases / new features to original Spring’s PetClinic Web Application with sample code that demonstrates some useful Aspose.Total for Java (Aspose.PDF, Aspose.Cells, Aspose.Email, Apose.Words and Aspose.Barcode) features within the Spring environment.
- On the Veterinarians Page, availability days and email addresses have been added. Clicking a veterinarian’s email address opens a form where you can write an email and send it through your Outlook client. These features use the Aspose Aspose.Email API.
- On the Veterinarians Page, you can now export a list of vets to PDF, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel formats using Aspose APIs (specifically, Aspose.PDF, Aspose.Words, and Aspose.Cells).
- Likewise, on the Owners List page, you can also export a list of vets to PDF, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel formats using Aspose APIs (Aspose.PDF, Aspose.Words, Aspose.Cells).
- On the Add Visit Page, you can now enter a feed bill amount in $ which then displays along with the barcode image on the Add Visit and Owners Information pages using the Aspose.BarCode for Java API.
- The export to PDF, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel features available on the Veterinarians Owners List pages also shows how Aspose APIs can be used to insert images, apply formatting and create tables to generated documents using Aspose.Words, Aspose.PDF and Aspose.Cells.
- To make it possible to create and display barcode images using Aspose.BarCode on JSP or any MVC Framework using JSP as Views, a tag library - aspose:getBarcodeUrl - has been created. This can be used to easily generate a barcode image and embed it on the page, providing code text, amount and symbology (that is, the barcode type, for example Code128, QR) using tag attributes.
- The complete source code which shows how the above features of the Aspose.Pdf, Aspose.Words, Aspose.Cells, Aspose.Email, and Aspose.BarCode APIs are included in the project repository. It is integrated with the ready to run PetClinic Spring Sample Web Application.
- The source code of the Aspose.BarCode for Java tag library that can be used with JSPs is also included with the project source code. How it can be used is demonstrated on the Add/Edit Visit and Owners Information pages.
- An Option / Use case of saving the current web page as MS-Word document is added for all web pages to highlight Aspose.Words Java API powerful feature of converting HTML documents into MS-WORD document format. (added in v1.1)
- System Memory: 2 GB or more (Recommended)
- OS: Any operating system that support the Java VM (Virtual Machine)
- Internet Connection: 2 MB or faster (Recommended)
- Aspose.Words for Java
- Aspose.PDF for Java
- Aspose.Cells for Java
- Aspose Barcode for Java
- Aspose Email for Java
- If you like to see known / reported issues (by the users or Q.A team) in the application.
- Or you want to report any issue you found in the application
- Have any improvement suggestion or like to make any feature request
Please follow project’s GitHub issues tracker:
Extend and Contribute
Aspose for Spring Java (Extension of PetClinic Sample Web Application) is open source and its source code is available on the social coding websites listed below. Developers can extend the functionality if they want to, or use it to learn how to integrate their own Spring Java applications and projects.
How to configure source code of Aspose.Total Java for Spring
Below simple steps will smoothly lead to successful configuration of Aspose.Total Java for Spring source code in IntelliJ IDEA
- Download / Clone the source code.
- Choose File > Open Project
- Browse to the latest project source that you have downloaded and open the project.
- Aspose.Total Java for Spring code is now ready to enhance.
Downloading, Installing & Using
Please check the video below to see the Aspose Java for Spring - Web app in action.