Using Web Services
Use Aspose exporters with the Web Services of Jasper Report Server
Here is a description how to do this with JasperServer Web Services sample application (which is included in JasperServer distribution package):
- Install Aspose.Words for JasperReports as described above in this document
- Install jasperserver-ws-sample application from
- Replace 2 files inside root folder of this app by those from demo\webservices folder in Aspose.Words for JasperReports distribution package. Note: new code fragments are included between lines containing Aspose.Words for JasperReports START and Aspose.Words for JasperReports END
- Modify jasperserver/WEB-INF/applicationContext-web-services.xml as described here.
- Stop/Start Jasper Server
- Browse to Reports, then Samples and then select some report, say “Employees”
- In “Export format” drop-down box select “XXX via Aspose.Words”, where XXX is desired output format
- Press “Run the Report” button
- Report download should start Certainly it is possible to use any other standard (or your own) client to produce reports from JasperServer Web Services.