DNN Exchange Sync Module
DNN Exchange Sync is an open source module from Aspose that links your DNN users to Microsoft Exchange Server contacts without requiring any other software. It uses powerful features of Aspose.Email for .NET to allow you to easily sync your Exchange contacts and DNN users. The contact details from Exchange server and DNN user profile are smartly mapped so that all the information associated with a DNN user or Exchange contact is migrated properly from one system to the other.
This initial version of the module is enriched with the following cool features to make the sync process simple and easy to use.
- Exchange server credentials are encrypted and saved in database so that you don’t have to enter them every time you use this module.
- Sync all or selected Exchange contacts to DNN and vice versa.
- Option to select one or more DNN roles when performing Exchange to DNN sync.
- Existence of every contact/user in the destination system is checked before migration to make sure that the sync does not create duplicate records.
- A brief summary of the sync process is shown upon completion.
System Requirements and Supported Platforms
In order to setup Aspose .NET Exchange/Gmail Sync for DNN Module you need to have the following requirements met:
- DNN 7.0 +
Please feel free to contact us at if you wish to install this module on an older versions of DNN.
Aspose .NET Exchange/Gmail Sync for DNN Module currently supports
- DNN 7.0 +
Please feel free to contact us if you wish to install this module on other versions of DNN.
You can download Aspose .NET Exchange Sync for DNN from one of the following locations
Once downloaded, please follow these steps to install the module to your DNN website:
- Log into your site as either Host or another Supersuser level account.
- Navigate to the Host menu and select Extensions.
- Click on Install Extension Wizard.
- As directed, browse to the location of the downloaded ZIP file, select it then click Open.
- Click Next, accept the license and continue through the install.
- When finished, click Return.
Please check this module installation video from DNN for more details.
Note: If you get an error while uploading the module this is due to the maxRequestLength limit in your DNN installation’s web.config. Open web.config and update maxRequestLength to 20MB by setting maxRequestLength=”20480″ and try to upload the module again.
After you have installed DNN Exchange Sync module it is really simple to start using it on your website. Please follow these simple steps to get started
- Make sure you are logged-in to DNN as a Host or Admin level account.
- Navigate to the page where you want to add the DNN Exchange Sync Module.
- Select Modules followed by Add New Module from the top ribbon.
- From the list select, Aspose DNN Exchange Sync and drag it to a place of your choice on the page.
You have successfully added DNN Exchange Sync Module to your page. You will be presented with 3 simple options to get started
- Exchange to DNN Sync
- DNN to Exchange Sync
- Exchange Settings
You are asked to enter Microsoft Exchange Server details when clicking on any option for the first time. A simple form takes all the required details to connect to your Exchange account and then these details will be encrypted and saved in the database for later use.
Once the sync process is completed, a brief summary of migrated records count and list of records that already existed and are not imported is shown.
Please check the video below to see the module in action.
Support, Extend and Contribute
From the very first days of Aspose, we knew that just giving our customers good products would not be enough. We also needed to deliver good service. We are developers ourselves and understand how frustrating it is when a technical issue or a quirk in the software stops you from doing what you need to do. We’re here to solve problems, not create them.
This is why we offer free support. Anyone who uses our product, whether they have bought them or are using an evaluation, deserves our full attention and respect.
You can log any issues or suggestions related to Aspose .NET Exchange/Gmail Sync for DNN Module using any of the following platforms
Extend and Contribute
Aspose .NET Exchange Sync for DNN and Aspose .NET Gmail Sync for DNN are open source and their source code is available on the major social coding websites listed below. Developers are encouraged to download the source code and extend the functionality as per their own requirements.
You can get the latest source code from one of the following locations
How to configure the source code
You need to have the following installed in order to open and extend the source code
- Visual Studio 2010 or higher
- [DNN Development Template](https://downloads.aspose.com/total/net
Please follow these simple steps to get started
- Download/Clone the source code.
- Open Visual Studio 2010 and Choose File > Open Project
- Browse to the latest source code that you have downloaded and open Aspose.DNN.ExchangeSync.csproj