Aspose.Email .NET for VSTO
What is VSTO?
VSTO, or Visual Studio Tools for Office, or Microsoft Visual Studio Tools is part of Microsoft’s Visual Studio .NET tools suite and supports the Microsoft .NET Framework. It is used by developers to write code connecting Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook applications. Developers using VSTO can employ C## or Visual Basic languages. It is an alternative to Visual Basic for Applications, or VBA.
Aspose.Email for .Net
Aspose.Email for .NET is a collection of components for working with emails from within your .NET applications. It makes it easy to work with a number of email message formats and message storage files (PST/OST) along with message sending and receiving capabilities.
Aspose.Email for VSTO
The developers looking for file format libraries may need to walk through the features provided by the libraries available on the market. Mainly, two factors are considered when choosing an option:
- Efforts required to use the library
If you are a .NET developer looking for faster,easy and light-weight file format library to process files, you may need to compare VSTO(Visual Studio tool for Office) with Aspose. In this case, this project will help you to compare features and code in both libraries.
System Requirements and Supported Platforms
One or more of the following editions of Visual Studio Tools for Office:
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Tools for the Microsoft Office System
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Tools for the 2007 Microsoft Office System
- Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition
- Visual Studio 2008 Team Suite Edition
- One version of Microsoft Office:
- Microsoft Office Professional 2003 SP1
- 2007 Microsoft Office system
Supported Operating Systems
Windows 2000; Windows Server 2003; Windows Vista; Windows XP
.NET Framework versions supported
only .NET framework 2.0 or greater.
You can download the latest code at:
To open the project you need to download and install the latest version of Aspose.Email for .NET from here and include it in the project.
Support, Extend and Contribute
We offer free support. Anyone who uses our product, whether they have bought them or are using an evaluation, deserves our full attention and respect.
You can log any issues or suggestions related to Aspose .NET for VSTO using any of the following platforms:
Extend and Contribute
Comparison code for Aspose.Email for .Net and VSTO source code is available on major social coding websites listed below.Developers are encouraged to download the source code to migrate from VSTO to Aspose.Email as per their requirements.
You can get the latest source code from one of the following locations.
How to configure the source code
Please follow these simple steps to get started
- Download/Clone the source code.
- Open Visual Studio 2010 and Choose File > Open Project.
- Browse to the latest source code that you have downloaded and Open the .sln file.
Sample Code Examples
This section includes the following topics
- Code Comparison for common features with VSTO
- Adding Attachments and HTML Text to Outlook Msg File in Aspose.Email
- Create an Appointment
- Create a Recurring Task
- Create a Reminder for an Appointment
- Create a Task
- Create Multiple Email Address
- Create Multiple Email Addresses
- Creating an Outlook Contact in Aspose.Email
- Creating an Outlook Message (MSG) File in Aspose.Email
- Delete Email Messages
- Export Email
- Extracting Attachment
- Extracting Messages from Outlook PST and Saving them to MSG in Aspose.Email
- Get the number of emails in the mailbox
- Getting List of Messages from Inbox Folder of Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox in Aspose.Email
- Import Email
- Importing Email
- Pragmatically access Outlook Contacts
- Reading an Outlook Message (MSG) File in Aspose.Email
- Sending Meeting Request
- Specify Mail Body Encoding