Aspose.OCR for .NET converts printed text in scanned documents, images, or PDFs into machine-readable text. This allows you to easily and effectively solve even the most complex business cases, concentrating on the task at hand, and not on the technical implementation.
This chapter will demonstrate how to create full-featured business applications with Aspose.OCR for .NET with just a few lines of code.
You will need
- A basic knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio and C#.
- A compatible system with Microsoft Visual Studio installed. As an individual developer, you can use a free Visual Studio Community Edition.
We also recommend to familiarize the basic building blocks of Aspose.OCR for the .NET API by looking at our Hello, world! example.
- Creating a searchable PDF from the scan
Convert a scanned PDF into a searchable, indexable document from which you can select and copy text.
- Extracting text from a photo
Take a photo of the page using your smartphone and extract text from it using Aspose.OCR for .NET. No scanner required.
- Converting a scan to editable document
Create an editable document in Microsoft Word format from a scanned image, PDF or even a photo.
- Searching for text in images
Search for text or a regular expression in an image or scanned PDF and automate workflows based on the result.
- Archival scanning and OCR
Automatically tag images based on their content and organize them into archives.
- Extracting data from scanned invoices using AI
Combine Aspose.OCR for .NET with ChatGPT to extract information from scanned invoices.