Aspose.Slides for .NET is a Microsoft PowerPoint® management API that enables .NET applications to read and write PowerPoint® documents without using Microsoft PowerPoint®. Aspose.Slides for .NET is the first and only component that provides the functionality to manage PowerPoint® documents. Aspose.Slides for .NET provides a lot of key features such as managing text, shapes, tables & animations, adding audio and video to slides, previewing slides, exporting slides to SVG, PDF format and more.
Aspose.Slides for .NET is developed using Managed C#. Aspose.Slides for .NET can be used with any .NET language like C#, VB.NET and J# etc. Aspose.Slides for .NET can be used with any kind of application either it’s a Web or Windows Application. Moreover, Aspose.Slides for .NET also provides fully featured demos and working examples written in C# for developers to have a better understanding of Aspose.Slides for .NET.
Aspose.Slides for .NET can not only open PowerPoint files from different sources, but it also allows you to save your presentations in a variety of ways. For example, you can save your presentation in not only PPT, but also PDF format. Moreover, you can also save your slides as images. Aspose.Slides for .NET gives you almost all those features that you may or may not find in Microsoft PowerPoint. The versatility of Aspose.Slides for .NET is that you can not only add tables and different kinds of shapes to your slides, but also different kinds of frames (that is text, audio & video frames).
Rich Set of Features
Aspose.Slides for .NET features can be divided into following areas:
- Presentation Features.
- Slides Features.
- Graphics and Multimedia Features.
- Table Features
- Text & Paragraph Features
- Advance Features
- Open Microsoft PowerPoint presentations from different sources.
- Save presentations in different Microsoft PowerPoint formats.
- Create presentations from scratch.
- Convert presentations to PDF documents without using any other component
- Read or modify a presentation’s document properties
- Applying protection on presentation
- Exporting presentation to PDF
- Exporting presentation to TIFF
- Exporting presentation to XPS
- Exporting presentation to SWF
- Exporting presentation to PDF Note / Tiff Notes
- Exporting presentation to HTML
- Create new slides from scratch and add them to presentations.
- Access any slide through its position in a presentation.
- Copy or clone slides to the same or another presentation.
- Edit and delete slides.
- Copy masters with slides automatically.
- Preview slides.
- Get or set a slide’s name.
- Save slides as images.
- Export slides to SVG format.
- Work with many masters in presentations.
- Fill slide Background with any supported style.
- Add new or manage slide notes.
- Set new slide masters and styles dynamically.
- Add or modify slide show transition.
- Add Morph Transitions
Graphics & Multimedia Features
- Create or manage shapes such as lines, rectangles, ellipses and polylines.
- Manage line styles in shapes.
- Get a shape’s alternative text.
- Rotate a flip shapes.
- Fill shapes in different styles, for example solid, gradient, pattern, texture and picture.
- Use any of 48 pre-defined patterns and 24 textures.
- Assign links to shapes.
- Read, modify or add new animation effects to slides and shapes.
- Add new pictures to presentations or manage existing ones.
- Add new picture bullets to the presentation or manage existing ones.
- Add new audio frames to the presentations or manage existing ones.
- Add new video frames to the presentations or manage existing ones.
- Create tables from scratch and add to slides.
- Resize and move tables.
- Access any cell in a table.
- Change the format and borders of any cell.
- Resize columns and rows.
- Add and delete columns and rows.
- Set border width and color for the whole table.
Text & Paragraph Features
- Get and set text in text placeholders and text frames.
- Get a placeholder’s type.
- Change the text formatting in a text frame.
- Add new or manage the existing fonts used in a presentation.
- Change text and text Formatting.
- Create or manage links to the text.
- Supports tabs and effective tabs.
- Add new text frames to almost any type of shape.
- Access and modify margins and text wrap settings of text frames.
- Access and modify paragraph indentation.
- Access OLE objects embedded in presentations.
- Lock presentations.
Aspose provides unlimited free technical support for all its products. The support is available to all users, including evaluation. If you need help with Aspose.Slides for .NET, consider the following:
- The main avenue for support is the Aspose Forums. Post your question in the Aspose.Slides forum and it will be answered within a few hours. The questions are answered directly by the Aspose.Slides support team.
- Please note, Aspose does not provide technical support over the phone. Phone support is only available for sales and purchase questions.
- When expecting a reply in the forums, please allow for time zone differences.
If you have an issue with Aspose.Slides for .NET, follow these simple steps to make sure it is resolved in the most efficient way:
- Make sure you use the latest Aspose.Slides for .NET version before reporting the issue, see Aspose.Slides download to find out about the latest version.
- Have a look through the forums, this documentation and API Reference before reporting the issue; maybe your question was already answered.
- When reporting an issue, please include the original document and possibly a fragment of your code that causes the problem. If you need to attach multiple files, zip them into one. It is safe to attach your documents in Aspose.Forums since only you and Aspose developers will have access to the attached files.
- Please try to report one issue per thread. If you have another issue, report it in a separate thread.
This table lists important Aspose.Slides for .NET technical resources.
|Aspose.Slides for .NET home page||Product home page.|
|Aspose.Slide blog||Check this often for information about new releases and useful tips about Aspose.Slides.|
|Aspose.Slides for .NET download||All new and old product release are maintained for customer reference.|
|Aspose.Slides support forum||Post your questions and issues here for a speedy resolution.|
|Aspose.Slides for .NET product documentation||Full online documentation that includes this documentation as well as Aspose.Slides API Reference.|
All Aspose .NET components require Full Trust permission set. The reason is, Aspose .NET components need to access registry settings, system files other than virtual directory for certain operations like parsing fonts etc. Moreover, Aspose .NET Components are based on core .NET system classes that also require Full Trust permission set in many cases. Internet Service Providers hosting multiple applications from different companies mostly enforce Medium Trust security level. In case of .NET 2.0, such security level applies the following constraints:
- OleDbPermission is not available. This means you cannot use the ADO.NET managed OLE DB data provider to access databases.
- EventLogPermission is not available. This means you cannot access the Windows event log.
- ReflectionPermission is not available. This means you cannot use reflection.
- RegistryPermission is not available. This means you cannot access the registry.
- WebPermission is restricted. This means your application can only communicate with an address or range of addresses that you define in the
- FileIOPermission is restricted. This means you can only access files in your application’s virtual directory hierarchy.
Due to the reasons specified above, Aspose .NET components cannot be used on servers granting permission set other than Full Trust.