Aspose.Tasks .NET for VSTO
What is VSTO?
VSTO, or Visual Studio Tools for Office, or Microsoft Visual Studio Tools is part of Microsoft’s Visual Studio .NET tools suite and supports the Microsoft .NET Framework. It is used by developers to write code connecting Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook applications. Developers using VSTO can employ C# or Visual Basic languages. It is an alternative to Visual Basic for Applications, or VBA.
Aspose.Tasks for .NET
Aspose.Tasks for .NET is a project management component that enables .NET applications to not only read and manipulate project management documents but also write them both MPP and XML formats - all without using Microsoft Project software. Aspose.Tasks’s powerful API exposes project data to offer complete project planning, definition and tracking capabilities. It allows users to define a project’s main as well as default properties and calendar information. It can also specify weekdays and exceptions for a project’s calendar.
Introduction in Aspose.Tasks for VSTO
The developers looking for file format libraries may need to walk through the features provided by the libraries available on the market. Mainly, two factors are considered when choosing an option:
- Efforts required to use the library
If you are a .NET developer looking for faster, easy and light-weight file format library to process files, you may need to compare VSTO (Visual Studio tool for Office) with Aspose. In this case, this project will help you to compare features and code in both libraries.
System Requirements and Supported Platforms
One or more of the following editions of Visual Studio Tools for Office:
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Tools for the Microsoft Office System
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Tools for the 2007 Microsoft Office System
- Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition
- Visual Studio 2008 Team Suite Edition
- One version of Microsoft Office:
- Microsoft Office Professional 2003 SP1
- 2007 Microsoft Office system
Supported Operating Systems
Microsoft Windows 2000; Microsoft Windows Server 2003; Microsoft Windows Vista; Microsoft Windows XP; Microsoft Windows 7; Microsoft Windows 8/8.1, Microsoft Windows 10.
.NET Framework versions supported
.NET framework 2.0 or greater.
You can download the latest code at:
To open the project you need to download and install the latest version of Aspose.Tasks for .NET from here and include it in the project.
Support, Extend and Contribute
We offer free support. Anyone who uses our product, whether they have bought them or are using an evaluation, deserves our full attention and respect.
You can log any issues or suggestions related to Aspose .NET for VSTO using any of the following platforms:
Extend and Contribute
Comparison code for Aspose.Tasks for .NET and VSTO source code is available on major social coding websites listed below.Developers are encouraged to download the source code to migrate from VSTO to Aspose.Tasks as per their requirements.
You can get the latest source code from one of the following locations.
How to configure the source code
Please follow these simple steps to get started
- Download/Clone the source code.
- Open Visual Studio 2010 and Choose File > Open Project.
- Browse to the latest source code that you have downloaded and Open the solution file.
This section includes the following topics
- Code Comparison for common features
- Adding a New Task in VSTO and Aspose.Tasks
- Adding Links for Tasks in VSTO and Aspose.Tasks
- Create an Empty Project File
- Create Resources and Link in VSTO and Aspose.Tasks
- Creating Resources in VSTO and Aspose.Tasks
- Reading Tasks and Resources in VSTO and Aspose.Tasks
- Reading the Critical Path in VSTO and Aspose.Tasks
- Split Tasks in VSTO and Aspose.Tasks
- Stop and Resume a Task in VSTO and Aspose.Tasks