Welcome to Aspose.Words for C++
Aspose.Words for C++ is a native class library that enables C++ application developers to perform a great range of document processing tasks. Aspose.Words supports DOC, DOCX, RTF, and other formats (see Supported Document Formats for details). With Aspose.Words you can generate, modify and convert documents without utilizing Microsoft Word®.
Using Aspose.Words for C++ in your project gives you the following benefits:
- Rich set of features
- No Microsoft Word Automation
- Platform independence
- Performance and scalability
Rich Set of Features
There could be hundreds of features related to Word document manipulation, however, we have decided to include just the basic ones in the early releases. Here is a list of notable features which will be available in the early versions of Aspose.Words for C++.
Document Content Features
- Access, create and modify paragraphs and text.
- Access, create and modify images, text boxes and shapes.
- Access, create and modify tables, rows and cells.
- Access, create and modify fields, form fields, hyperlinks and bookmarks.
- Access, create and modify document sections, headers and footers.
- Access, create and modify footnotes, endnotes and comments.
- Copy and move document elements between documents.
- Join and split documents.
- Get and set built-in and custom document properties.
- Find and replace text, enumerate over document content.
- Accept all revisions in a document.
- Preserve OLE objects and ActiveX controls in the document.
- Compare two Word Documents
- Ability to work with Web Extension elements
- Read and Write VBA Macros
Document Formatting Features
- Access and modify all character formatting including fonts, colors, effects, borders and shading.
- Access and modify all paragraph formatting including indents, spacing, borders and shading, tab stops.
- Access and modify all bulleted and numbered lists formatting including numbering and levels.
- Access and modify table formatting including alignment, orientation, borders and shading.
- Access and modify all section properties including paper size, margins and orientation.
- Access, create and modify document styles.
- Access and modify drawing objects including position, size, line and fill properties, image bytes.
- Ability to customize the formatting of the horizontal rule shape
Mail Merge Features
- Programmatically create or modify a Microsoft Word mail merge data source for a document. Preserve mail merge settings and data sources.
No Microsoft Word Automation
Aspose.Words does not require Microsoft Office to be installed on the machine in order to work. All Aspose components are totally independent and are not affiliated with, nor authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. In short, Aspose.Words is a better alternative to automation in terms of security, stability, scalability/speed, price and features.
Aspose.Words for C++ can be used to build 64-bit C++ application.
Performance and Scalability
Aspose.Words for C++ is designed to perform equally well, both on server and client-side. Aspose.Words for C++ is a native assembly that can be deployed by simply copying it. You do not have to worry about other services or modules.
Aspose provides unlimited free technical support for all its products. Support is available to all users, including evaluation.
If you need any assistance regarding Aspose.Words for C++, please visit our Aspose.Forums. You can create a new topic over Aspose.Words for C++ forums and your post will be answered within a few hours. All the inquiries over forums are replied directly by Aspose.Words for C++ support team.
When expecting a reply in the forums, please allow for time zone differences.
If you have an issue with Aspose.Words for C++, follow these simple steps to make sure it is resolved in the most efficient way:
- Make sure you use the latest version of Aspose.Words for C++ before reporting the issue.
- When reporting an issue, please include the original document and possibly a code snippet that is able to reproduce the issue. If you need to attach multiple files, zip them into one. It is safe to attach your documents in Aspose.Forums in a private post, as only you and Aspose staff will have access to attached files.
- In case your files are of larger size, which exceeds the upload limit of the forums, you can upload it to some public file hosting service and share the URL in your post.
- Please try to report one issue per thread. If you have another issue, report it in a separate thread.