Aspose.Cells Java For Ruby
Rjb - Ruby Java Bridge
RJB is a bridge program that connect between Ruby and Java with Java Native Interface. Rake + Rjb is the more powerful and useful build tool than both Maven and Ant. You can test your Java business logic class itself with Rjb’s mock. It helps to migrate Struts’s Model Object into your RoR application. But beware to buildSwing application, Ruby (and Rjb) doesn’t consider JVM’s native threads handling…
Aspose.Cells for Java
Aspose.Cells for Java is an award-winning Excel Spreadsheet component that allows Java developers to embed the ability to read, write and manipulate Excel® spreadsheets (XLS, XLSX, XLSM, XLSB, XLTX, SpreadsheetML, CSV, ODS), HTML, MHTML, PDF and image file formats into their own Java applications without needing to rely on Microsoft Excel®.
Aspose.Cells for Java is a mature, scalable and feature rich component that offers many functions that are way beyond the simple data exporting capabilities of other vendors. With Aspose.Cells for Java developers can export data, format spreadsheets to the most granular level, import images, create charts, apply and calculate complex formulas, stream Excel® data, save in various formats and much more - all this without the need of Microsoft Excel® or Microsoft Office Automation.
Aspose.Cells Java for Ruby
Project Aspose.Cells Java for Ruby shows how different tasks can be performed using Aspose.Cells Java APIs in Ruby. This project is aimed to provide useful examples for Ruby developers who want to utilize Aspose.Cells for Java in their Ruby Projects using Rjb (Ruby Java Bridge).
System Requirements and Supported Platforms
Following are the system requirements to use Aspose.Cells Java for Ruby:
- Rjb Gem is configured
- Downloaded Aspose.Cells component
Following are the supported platforms:
- Ruby 2.2.x or above and respective DevKit.
- Java 1.5 or above
Download Required Libraries
Download required libraries mentioned below. These are the required for executing Aspose.Cells Java for Ruby examples.
Download Examples from Social Coding Sites
Following releases of running examples are available to download on below mentioned social coding sites:
Installation And Usage
It is very simple and easy to install Aspose.cells Java for Ruby gem, please follow these simple steps:
- Add this line to your application’s Gemfile.
- And then execute
- Run following command.
$ gem install aspose-cellsjava
Include the required files for working with the helloworld example.
require require File.dirname(File.dirname(File.dirname(__FILE__))) + '/lib/aspose-cellsjava' include Asposecellsjava include Asposecellsjava::HelloWorld initialize_aspose_cells
Let’s understand the above code.
- The first line makes sure that the aspose cells is loaded and available.
- Include the files that are required to access the aspose cells.
- Initialize the libraries. The aspose JAVA classes are loaded from the path provided in the aspose.yml file/
Support, Extend and Contribute
From the very first days of Aspose, we knew that just giving our customers good products would not be enough. We also needed to deliver good service. We are developers ourselves and understand how frustrating it is when a technical issue or a quirk in the software stops you from doing what you need to do. We’re here to solve problems, not create them.
This is why we offer free support. Anyone who uses our product, whether they have bought them or are using an evaluation, deserves our full attention and respect.
You can log any issues or suggestions related to Aspose.Cells Java for Ruby using any of the following platforms:
Extend and Contribute
Aspose.Cells Java for Ruby is open source and its source code is available on the major social coding websites listed below. Developers are encouraged to download the source code and contribute by suggesting or adding new feature or improving the existing ones, so that others could also benefit from it.
You can get the latest source code from one of the following locations:
Sample Code Examples
This section includes the following topics:
- Download and Configure Aspose.Cells in Ruby
- Ruby Programmers Guide
- Introduction in Ruby
- Working With Files in Ruby
- File Handling Features in Ruby
- Utility Features in Ruby
- Converting Chart to Image in Ruby
- Converting Excel Files to HTML in Ruby
- Converting Excel to PDF Files in Ruby
- Converting HTML files to Excel Spreadsheets in Ruby
- Converting to MHTML Files in Ruby
- Converting Worksheet to Image in Ruby
- Converting Worksheet to SVG in Ruby
- Encrypting Excel Files in Ruby
- Managing Document Properties in Ruby
- Working With Worksheets in Ruby
- Display Features in Ruby
- Management Features in Ruby
- Page Setup Features in Ruby
- Security Features in Ruby
- Value Features in Ruby
- Working With Rows And Columns in Ruby
- Support, Extend and Contribute to Aspose.Cells in Ruby