Umbraco Database Data Exporter to Excel
Aspose .NET Database Data Exporter to Excel for Umbraco Module allows users to export data directly from local or remote database tables, views and by custom query into Microsoft Excel or OpenOffice Spreadsheet. This module demonstrates the powerful spreadsheet building feature provided by Aspose.Cells. This initial version of the module is enriched with the following cool features to make the Export process simple and easy to use
This initial version of the Add-on have the following features:
- Allow to connect Local MS SQL Server Database
- Allow to connect Remote MS SQL Server Database
- Populate all Tables from connected database
- Populate all Views from connected database
- Allow to write Custom Query
- Auto Fit Columns to contents length.
- Allow to skip string more than 32k in excel cells (LoadOptions)
- Apply Header Column formating as Bold Text
- Allow to use as Data Source (Table, Views, Custom Query)
- Export Data to Microsoft Excel Documents (.xls, .xlsx and .xlsb)
- Export Data to Tab delimited text document (*.txt)
- Export Data to CSV (Comma delimited) (*.csv)
- Export Data to OpenDocument Spreadsheet (*.ods)
- Option to select desired output format before exporting.
- Exported document is automatically sent to browser for downloading.
System Requirements and Supported Platforms
In order to setup Aspose .NET Database Data Exporter to Excel for Umbraco module you need to have the following requirements met:
- Umbraco 6.2.5 & Umbraco 6 versions
- Umbraco with MS SQL Server
- Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0
Note: Umbraco 7 and above are not supported in this release. We look forward to hear your feedback and add support for Umbraco 7 in next version.
The module is supported on all versions of
- Umbraco 6.0 running on ASP.NET 4.0
You can download Aspose .NET Cells Database Data Exporter to Excel for Umbraco module from one of the following locations
Once downloaded, please follow these steps to install this package into your Umbraco website:
- Log in to the Umbraco Developer section, for example
- From the tree, expand the Packages folder.
- From here there are two ways to install a package: select Install local package or browse the Umbraco Package Respository.
- If you install local package, do not unzip the package but load the zip into Umbraco.
- Follow the instructions on screen.
Note: You may get a ‘Maximum request length exceeded’ error when installing. You can easily fix this issue by updating the ‘maxRequestLength’ value in your Umbraco web.config file.
After you have installed Aspose .NET Database Data Exporter to Excel for Umbraco module it is really simple to start using it on your website. Please follow these simple steps to get started
- Make sure you are logged in to the Umbraco Developer section, for example
- Click Settings in the list of sections in the bottom left of the screen.
- Expand the Templates node and select the template that you want to add to, for example Textpage.
- Select the position in the selected template where you want to export button to be added. Usually you may want to add it to the top right of the page, or the bottom of the page.
- Click Insert Macro on the top ribbon.
- From Choose a macro (Aspose .NET Database Data Exporter to Excel for Umbraco), select the recently installed Aspose .NET Database Data Exporter to Excel for Umbraco macro and click OK.
Please check the screenshot below for details.
You have successfully added Aspose .NET Database Data Exporter to Excel module to your page.
- Enter or Use pre-populated MS SQL Server Connection String
- Seletec Data Source Type (Table, View, Custom Query)
- Select or Enter Data Source (Table, View, Custom Query)
- Select Export Type
- Click Export Data
- Desired file will be downloaded automatically.
Please check the video below to see the module in action.
Support, Extend and Contribute
From the very first days of Aspose, we knew that just giving our customers good products would not be enough. We also needed to deliver good service. We are developers ourselves and understand how frustrating it is when a technical issue or a quirk in the software stops you from doing what you need to do. We’re here to solve problems, not create them.
This is why we offer free support. Anyone who uses our product, whether they have bought them or are using an evaluation, deserves our full attention and respect.
You can log any issues or suggestions related to Aspose.Words .NET for Umbraco Modules using any of the following platforms
Extend and Contribute
Export Members to Excel is an open source Add-on and its source code is available on the major social coding websites listed below. Developers are encouraged to download the source code and extend the functionality as per their own requirements.
You can get the latest source code from one of the following locations
How to configure the source code
You need to have the following installed in order to open and extend the source code
- Visual Studio 2010 or higher
Please follow these simple steps to get started
- Download/Clone the source code.
- Open Visual Studio 2010 and Choose File > Open Project
- Browse to the latest source code that you have downloaded and open e.g Aspose.DatabaseDataExportertoExcel.sln