Aspose.Email Java for Eclipse - Maven
Eclipse IDE is a famous Java Integrated Development Environment (IDE). The IDE is definitely the most known product of the Eclipse Open Source project. Today it is the leading development environment for Java with a market share of approximately 60%.
The Eclipse IDE can be extended with additional software components. Eclipse calls these software components Plug-ins. Several Open Source projects and companies have extended the Eclipse IDE or created standalone applications (Eclipse RCP) on top of the Eclipse framework.
Aspose.Email for Java
Aspose.Email for Java is a set of Emails processing APIs to create, read and manipulate Outlook MSG, PST, EML and MHT email files from within a Java application without the need of using Microsoft Outlook.
You can not only modify the message contents, but also manipulate (add/remove) message attachments. It provides you sufficient ability to customize message headers and also empowers you to completely control a message by exposing its Mapi properties.
Aspose.Email Java (Maven) for Eclipse
- Aspose.Email Java (Maven) for Eclipse is a Plugin for Eclipse IDE by Aspose. This Plugin is intended for developers using Maven platform for Java developments and want to use Aspose.Email for Java in their projects. The Plugin lets you create maven projects for using Aspose.Email for Java API and also download Code Examples of the API.
- The plugin provides following features to work with Aspose.Email for Java API within Eclipse IDE comfortably:
WIZARDS: The plugin contains two wizards —–
** **Aspose.Email Maven Project (wizard)
- This New Project wizard lets developers to create Maven project for using Aspose.Email for Java from New -> Project -> Maven-> Aspose.Email Maven Project.
- The reference of Aspose.Email for Java API maven dependency is automatically fetched from Aspose Cloud Maven Repository and gets added in the pom.xml.
- The created project will always contain most recent available version Maven Dependency for Aspose.Email for Java API.
- The wizard steps also presents with the option for downloading Code Examples for using Aspose.Email for Java API.
** **Aspose.Email Code Example (wizard)
- This New File wizard lets you copy the downloaded Code Examples into your project for using Aspose.Email for Java from New -> Other -> Java -> Aspose.Email Code Example.
- Available samples are displayed in tree format from where the user can select them categorically.
- All the examples within the selected category will get copied to the project’s “com.aspose.email.examples” package folder along with the required resources within “src/main/resources” folder needed to run the examples.
- Code Examples of Aspose.Email for Java API are meant for demonstrating the various of the API.
- The wizard will also look for and updates for newly available Code Examples from Aspose.Email for Java examples repository.
System Requirements and Supported Platforms
- System Memory: 2 GB or more (Recommended)
- OS: Any operating system that support the Java VM (Virtual Machine)
- Internet Connection: 2 MB or faster (Recommended)
- Eclipse Mars.1 (4.5.1) - Recommended
- Eclipse Juno or later.
Download Eclipse IDE
You will need to first install Eclipse IDE before downloading the Aspose.Email Java (Maven) for Eclipse plugin.
To download Eclipse IDE
- Goto https://eclipse.org.
- Download and install the recommended Eclipse IDE for Java SE / EE developers.
Download Aspose.Email Java (Maven) for Eclipse
Following are three recommended methods for the successful downloading and installation of Aspose.Email Java (Maven) for Eclipse plugin:
- Drag and drop installation from Eclipse Marketplace to your Eclipse workspace.
- Or download the plugin jar from Downloads and copy it into /dropins folder of Eclipse installation and restart the IDE.
- Or goto Help > Install New Software… > Enter following update site url in Work with: http://cdn.aspose.com/marketplace/eclipse/java/maven/aspose-email Then select “Aspose.Email Java (Maven) for Eclipse” and Finish. Accept License Agreement and Install the plugin.
Using the Plugin
How to apply Aspose License?
This Plugin uses an evaluation version of Aspose.Email. Once you are happy with your evaluation, you can purchase a license at the Aspose website. To remove evaluation message and feature limitations, product license should be applied. You will receive a license file after you have purchased the product. Please follow the steps below to apply the license
- Make sure the license file is named as Aspose.Email.Java.lic
- Place Aspose.Email.Java.lic file in the folder that contains the Aspose.Email.jar
- Use following code for activating the license:
License license = new License(); license.setLicense("Aspose.Email.Java.lic");
Support, Extend and Contribute
- If you like to see known / reported issues (by the users or Q.A team) in the plugin.
- Or you want to report any issue you found in the plugin
- Have any improvement suggestion or like to make any feature request
Please follow GitHub Issues Tracker for logging any issues found in the plugin.
Extend and Contribute
Aspose.Email Java (Maven) for Eclipse is open source and its source code is available on the major social coding websites listed below. Developers are encouraged to download the source code and contribute by suggesting or adding new feature or improving the existing ones, so that others could also benefit from it. Developers can also learn from it to make their own plugins.
How to configure source code of Aspose.Email Java (Maven) for Eclipse
Below simple steps will smoothly lead to successful configuration of Aspose.Email Java (Maven) for Eclipse plugin source code in Eclipse IDE
- Download / Clone the source code.
- Choose File > Import > General > Existing Projects into Workspace
- Browse to the latest project source that you have downloaded
- Select the Eclipse Project you want to import
- Click Finish
- Aspose.Email Java for Eclipse plugin code is now ready to enhance.