Aspose.Email Java For Ruby
Rjb - Ruby Java Bridge
RJB is a bridge program that connect between Ruby and Java with Java Native Interface. Rake + Rjb is the more powerful and useful build tool than both Maven and Ant. You can test your Java business logic class itself with Rjb’s mock. It helps to migrate Struts’s Model Object into your RoR application. But beware to buildSwing application, Ruby (and Rjb) doesn’t consider JVM’s native threads handling.
Aspose.Email for Java
Aspose.Email for Java is a Java class library that enables Java applications to read and write email message files in various formats without Microsoft Outlook. It provides classes to read and update MSG,EML,EMLX,OFT files, add/remove attachments and recipients, update subject, body and other MSG file properties.
Aspose.Email Java for Ruby
Project Aspose.Email Java for Ruby shows how different tasks can be performed using Aspose.Email Java APIs in Ruby. This project is aimed to provide useful examples for Ruby developers who want to utilize Aspose.Email for Java in their Ruby Projects using Rjb (Ruby Java Bridge).
System Requirements and Supported Platforms
Following are the system requirements to use Aspose.Email Java for Ruby:
- Rjb Gem is configured
- Downloaded Aspose.Email component
Following are the supported platforms:
- Ruby 2.2.x or above and respective DevKit.
- Java 1.5 or above
Download Required Libraries
Download required libraries mentioned below. These are the required for executing Aspose.Email Java for Ruby examples.
Download Examples from Social Coding Sites
Following releases of running examples are available to download on below mentioned social coding sites:
Installation And Usage
It is very simple and easy to install Aspose.Email Java for Ruby gem, please follow these simple steps:
- Run following command.
$ gem install aspose-emailjava
- Download required Aspose.Email for Java Component from following link. http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.email-for-java/default.aspx
- Create “jars” folder at root of the Aspose.Email Java for Ruby gem and copy downloaded component into it.
Include the required files for working with the createnewemail example.
require File.dirname(File.dirname(File.dirname(__FILE__))) + '/lib/aspose-emailjava' include Asposeemailjava include Asposeemailjava::CreateNewEmail initialize_aspose_email
Let’s understand the above code.
- The first line makes sure that the aspose email is loaded and available.
- Include the files that are required to access the aspose email.
- Initialize the libraries. The aspose JAVA classes are loaded from the path provided in the aspose.yml file
Support, Extend and Contribute
From the very first days of Aspose, we knew that just giving our customers good products would not be enough. We also needed to deliver good service. We are developers ourselves and understand how frustrating it is when a technical issue or a quirk in the software stops you from doing what you need to do. We’re here to solve problems, not create them.
This is why we offer free support. Anyone who uses our product, whether they have bought them or are using an evaluation, deserves our full attention and respect.
You can log any issues or suggestions related to Aspose.Email Java for Ruby using any of the following platforms:
Extend and Contribute
Aspose.Email Java for Ruby is open source and its source code is available on the major social coding websites listed below. Developers are encouraged to download the source code and contribute by suggesting or adding new feature or improving the existing ones, so that others could also benefit from it.
You can get the latest source code from one of the following locations:
Sample Code Examples
This section includes the following topics:
- Download and Configure Aspose.Email in Ruby
- Ruby Programmers Guide
- Programming Email in Ruby
- Programming Outlook in Ruby
- Working with Outlook Message (MSG) Files in Ruby
- Working with Outlook Personal Storage (PST) Files in Ruby
- Adding Files to PST in Ruby
- Adding MapiCalendar to PST in Ruby
- Adding MapiContact to PST in Ruby
- Adding MapiJournal to PST in Ruby
- Adding MapiNote to PST in Ruby
- Adding MapiTask to PST in Ruby
- Create New PST in Ruby
- Search Messages and Folders in a PST by Some Criteria in Ruby
- String Searching in PST with Ignore Case in Ruby
- Support, Extend and Contribute to Aspose.Email in Ruby