Aspose.Email Java for Jython
What is Jython?
Jython is a Java implementation of Python that combines expressive power with clarity. Jython is freely available for both commercial and non-commercial use and is distributed with source code. Jython is complementary to Java and is especially suited for the following tasks:
- Embedded scripting - Java programmers can add the Jython libraries to their system to allow end users to write simple or complicated scripts that add functionality to the application.
- Interactive experimentation - Jython provides an interactive interpreter that can be used to interact with Java packages or with running Java applications. This allows programmers to experiment and debug any Java system using Jython.
- Rapid application development - Python programs are typically 2-10X shorter than the equivalent Java program. This translates directly to increased programmer productivity. The seamless interaction between Python and Java allows developers to freely mix the two languages both during development and in shipping products.
Aspose.Email for Java
Aspose.Email for Java is a Java class library that enables Java applications to read and write email message files in various formats without Microsoft Outlook. It provides classes to read and update MSG,EML,EMLX,OFT files, add/remove attachments and recipients, update subject, body and other MSG file properties.
Aspose.Email Java for Jython
Aspose.Email Java for Jython is a project that demonstrates / provides the Aspose.Email for Java API usage examples in Jython.
System Requirements and Supported Platforms
Following are the system requirements to use Aspose.email Java for Jython:
- Java 1.5 or above installed
- Downloaded Aspose.email component
- Jython 2.7.0
Following are the supported platforms:
- Aspose.Email 15.4 and above.
- Java IDE (Eclipse, NetBeans …)
Download Installation and Usage
Download Examples from social coding websites
Following releases of running examples are available to download on all of the below mentioned social coding sites:
Download Aspose.Email for Java component
- Place downloaded Aspose.Email for Java jar file into “lib” directory.
- Replace “your-lib” with the downloaded jar filename in init.py file.
This section includes the following topics:
- Jython Programmers Guide
- Programming Email in Jython
- Programming Outlook in Jython
- Working with Outlook Message (MSG) Files in Jython
- Working with Outlook Personal Storage (PST) Files in Jython
- Adding Files to PST in Jython
- Adding MapiCalendar to PST in Jython
- Adding MapiContact to PST in Jython
- Adding MapiJournal to PST in Jython
- Adding MapiTask to PST in Jython
- Create New PST in Jython
- Search Messages and Folders in a PST by Some Criteria in Jython
- String Searching in PST with Ignore Case in Jython
Support, Extend and Contribute
From the very first days of Aspose, we knew that just giving our customers good products would not be enough. We also needed to deliver good service. We are developers ourselves and understand how frustrating it is when a technical issue or a quirk in the software stops you from doing what you need to do. We’re here to solve problems, not create them.
This is why we offer free support. Anyone who uses our product, whether they have bought them or are using an evaluation, deserves our full attention and respect.
You can log any issues or suggestions related to Aspose.Email Java for Jython using any of the following platforms:
Extend and Contribute
Aspose.Email Java for Jython is open source and its source code is available on the major social coding websites listed below. Developers are encouraged to download the source code and contribute by suggesting or adding new feature or improving the existing ones, so that others could also benefit from it.
You can get the latest source code from one of the following locations