What's new in Aspose.Words for Java
This page describes the most interesting new Aspose.Words features introduced in recent releases.
Due to refactoring work on Aspose.Words namespaces, the Aspose.Words.DigitalSignatures, Aspose.Words.Vba, Aspose.Words.Comparing, and Aspose.Words.Notes namespaces were introduced and the Aspose.Words.Lists and Aspose.Words.Loading namespaces were modified.
In case of a compilation error, please add the appropriate line of code:
import Aspose.Words.DigitalSignatures; import Aspose.Words.Vba; import Aspose.Words.Lists; import Aspose.Words.Comparing; import Aspose.Words.Notes; import Aspose.Words.Loading;
Aspose.Words for Java 21.9
Aspose.Words 21.9 expands the list-level formatting control.
The API is enhanced for more flexible and convenient development:
- An ability to get the CustomNumberStyleFormat property of the ListLevel object has been added.
- A possibility to get the string representation of the ListLevel object for a specified index using the GetEffectiveValue method has been added.
Aspose.Words for Java 21.5, 21.6, 21.7, 21.8
Aspose.Words 21.5 improves Mail Merge and Structure Document Tag functionality, as well as working with fields.
Aspose.Words 21.6 enhances formatting and filling options and also improves document display capabilities.
Aspose.Words 21.7 expands rendering and conversion options, as well as provides an ability to work with framesets.
Aspose.Words 21.8 improves rendering and language export features, and enhances the ability to work with field update callback.
The API is enhanced for more flexible and convenient development.
Setting Charts Fill and Stroke Formatting
An ability to set fill and stroke formatting for chart series, data points, and markers has been implemented. Using the provided options, you can easily customize any of the charts as you wish.
Control the Fill Texture of Any Object
A new public method PresetTextured has been added to the Fill class to work with textures. Now it is very easy to get and apply a texture to the fill of any object. Now it is very easy to get and apply a texture to the fill of any object.
Rendering of OOXML Ink
Prior to this version, Aspose.Words could only render fallback shapes for OOXML Ink objects, i.e. InkML was not actually processed and a simple pre-rendered image was used instead. And now OOXML Ink content part can be rendered directly.
Control the Maximum Number of Characters per Line
A new public property MaxCharactersPerLine has been introduced to control the maximum number of characters per line in the output document of TXT format.
Rendering to PDF/A-2
Rendering to PDF/A-2 format has been implemented by adding new values to the PdfCompliance enumeration. PDF/A-2 is based on the PDF-1.7 format and removes significant limitations of PDF/A-1 like prohibited transparency and prohibited object compression.
Work with Patterns
A simple way to get and apply a pattern to the fill of any fillable objects in a document has been presented. For this purpose, the Patterned method with two overloads and the Pattern property have been added to the Fill class and the PatternType enumeration has been added to the Constants.
Insert GIF into the Document Model
The ability to insert a GIF image into the document model using the InsertImage method has been introduced. Please note that saving a document to a format different from DOCX, DOTX, DOCM, DOTM, FOPC causes the conversion of GIF images to PNG.
A new overload of the InsertHtml method with extended options has been implemented to make this operation more flexible.
Mail Merge and Reporting
A new property RestartListsAtEachSection has been added to control whether the list numbering at each section should be restarted after executing a mail merge.
- New methods SetCheckedSymbol and SetUncheckedSymbol have been added to set checked and unchecked symbols for your favorite structured document tags.
- The equations created with EQ fields are now supported upon converting to all HTML-based formats.
- A new public property ContinuousSectionPageNumberingRestart has been added to control the behavior for computing page numbers when a continuous section restarts page numbering.
- An ability to work with Framesets has been added. This is the first simple API which is going to be extended upon your requests. Just tell us what you need.
- A new PDF save option ExportLanguageToSpanTag has been added. This option enables users to customize how the
/Langentry should be exported. It can be useful for compatibility with some screen readers.
- A new public field updating callback has been implemented. This allows you to have your own custom methods called during field update.
Learn more about Aspose.Words for Java 21.5 Release Notes.
Learn more about Aspose.Words for Java 21.6 Release Notes.
Learn more about Aspose.Words for Java 21.7 Release Notes.
Learn more about Aspose.Words for Java 21.8 Release Notes.
Aspose.Words for Java 21.1, 21.2, 21.3, 21.4
Aspose.Words 21.1 expands loading and saving options and improves document display capabilities.
Aspose.Words 21.2 enhances font properties, improves find and replace options, and expands possibilities when converting documents.
Aspose.Words 21.3 expands rendering and reporting options, and improves interaction with styles and child nodes of the StructuredDocumentTag.
Aspose.Words 21.4 improves rendering and conversion features, and enhances the ability to work with a ranged structured document tag.
Vertical Alignment of Table Cells
A new public option VerticalAlignment to set table style vertical alignment of cells has been added.
Manipulating Themed Properties of Font Objects
A new public API, allowing to manipulate themed properties of Font objects, has been implemented.
Setting Fill Formatting of Text
Font API has been extended with the Fill properties to set fill formatting of text. It gives an ability to change, for example, the foreground color or transparency of text fill.
Convert Any Fill to Solid
Support for Advanced Typography
Support for advanced typography when saving to image formats with GDI+ or SkiaSharp, for example, on all .NET platforms and .NET Standard, has been implemented.
Markdown Document Export
A new public property ImageSavingCallback has been added to control how images are saved upon converting to Markdown format.
HTML Document Import
A new public property IgnoreNoscriptElements has been added to ignore
<noscript> HTML elements upon loading HTML.
Clean Up Unused Information from a Document
New extension methods Select and SelectMany have been added for the LINQ Reporting Engine.
Search and Compare
A new public property SmartParagraphBreakReplacement has been added to the FindReplaceOptions object to indicate whether a paragraph break is allowed to be replaced when there is no next sibling paragraph.
- New public methods StartColumnBookmark and EndColumnBookmark have been introduced in the DocumentBuilder class. This gives the ability to add a Bookmark control to one or more columns in a range of rows.
- A new public option UpdateCreatedTimeProperty has been added to update the CreatedTime property of a document upon saving.
- A new property CustomTimeZoneInfo has been added to set custom timezone when SdtType.Date structured document tag is updated from custom XML.
- A new public method OpenIStream has been added to the ComHelper class to load documents from IStream objects in COM applications.
- A new public method ClearQuickStyleGallery has been added to the StyleCollection class. Now it is really easy to remove all styles from the Quick Style Gallery panel.
- An ability to work with child nodes of the StructuredDocumentTag range has been added. New behavior follows the CompositeNode pattern and returns a live collection.
- The ability to create instances of the StructuredDocumentTagRangeStart and StructuredDocumentTagRangeEnd classes manually has been added.