What's new in Aspose.Words for Java
This page describes the most interesting new Aspose.Words features introduced in recent releases.
Due to refactoring work on Aspose.Words namespaces, the Aspose.Words.DigitalSignatures, Aspose.Words.Vba, Aspose.Words.Comparing, and Aspose.Words.Notes namespaces were introduced and the Aspose.Words.Lists and Aspose.Words.Loading namespaces were modified.
In case of a compilation error, please add the appropriate line of code:
import Aspose.Words.DigitalSignatures; import Aspose.Words.Vba; import Aspose.Words.Lists; import Aspose.Words.Comparing; import Aspose.Words.Notes; import Aspose.Words.Loading;
Aspose.Words for Java 21.1, 21.2, 21.3, 21.4
Aspose.Words 21.1 expands loading and saving options and improves document display capabilities.
Aspose.Words 21.2 enhances font properties, improves find and replace options, and expands possibilities when converting documents.
Aspose.Words 21.3 expands rendering and reporting options, and improves interaction with styles and child nodes of the StructuredDocumentTag.
Aspose.Words 21.4 improves rendering and conversion features, and enhances the ability to work with a ranged structured document tag.
Vertical Alignment of Table Cells
A new public option VerticalAlignment to set table style vertical alignment of cells has been added.
Manipulating Themed Properties of Font Objects
A new public API, allowing to manipulate themed properties of Font objects, has been implemented.
Setting Fill Formatting of Text
Font API has been extended with the Fill properties to set fill formatting of text. It gives an ability to change, for example, the foreground color or transparency of text fill.
Convert Any Fill to Solid
Support for Advanced Typography
Support for advanced typography when saving to image formats with GDI+ or SkiaSharp, for example, on all .NET platforms and .NET Standard, has been implemented.
Markdown Document Export
A new public property ImageSavingCallback has been added to control how images are saved upon converting to Markdown format.
HTML Document Import
A new public property IgnoreNoscriptElements has been added to ignore
<noscript> HTML elements upon loading HTML.
Clean Up Unused Information from a Document
New extension methods Select and SelectMany have been added for the LINQ Reporting Engine.
Search and Compare
A new public property SmartParagraphBreakReplacement has been added to the FindReplaceOptions object to indicate whether a paragraph break is allowed to be replaced when there is no next sibling paragraph.
- New public methods StartColumnBookmark and EndColumnBookmark have been introduced in the DocumentBuilder class. This gives the ability to add a Bookmark control to one or more columns in a range of rows.
- A new public option UpdateCreatedTimeProperty has been added to update the CreatedTime property of a document upon saving.
- A new property CustomTimeZoneInfo has been added to set custom timezone when SdtType.Date structured document tag is updated from custom XML.
- A new public method OpenIStream has been added to the ComHelper class to load documents from IStream objects in COM applications.
- A new public method ClearQuickStyleGallery has been added to the StyleCollection class. Now it is really easy to remove all styles from the Quick Style Gallery panel.
- An ability to work with child nodes of the StructuredDocumentTag range has been added. New behavior follows the CompositeNode pattern and returns a live collection.
- The ability to create instances of the StructuredDocumentTagRangeStart and StructuredDocumentTagRangeEnd classes manually has been added.