Sitefinity Word Import Module
Sitefinity Word Import is an open source add-on from Aspose that allow developers to get/read contents of any Word processing document without requiring any other software such as Microsoft Word or OpenOffice. This add-on demonstrates the powerful import feature provided by Aspose.Word. It adds a simple file browser control and Import from Word button on the page where the add-on is added. When clicking on the button, the document contents are fetched from the file and displayed on the screen immediately.
System Requirements and Supported Platforms
In order to setup Aspose.Words .NET for Sitefinity add-ons you need to have the following requirements met:
- Sitefinity CMS running on ASP.NET 4.0
Please feel free to contact us if you have any issues setting up this Sitefinity Add-on.
The Add-on is supported on all versions of
- Sitefinity CMS running on ASP.NET 4.0
Support, Extend and Contribute
From the very first days of Aspose, we knew that just giving our customers good products would not be enough. We also needed to deliver good service. We are developers ourselves and understand how frustrating it is when a technical issue or a quirk in the software stops you from doing what you need to do. We’re here to solve problems, not create them.
This is why we offer free support. Anyone who uses our product, whether they have bought them or are using an evaluation, deserves our full attention and respect.
You can log any issues or suggestions related to Aspose.Words .NET for Sitefinity Modules using any of the following platforms
Sitefinity Export to Word and PDF
Aspose .NET Word Import for Sitefinity
Extend and Contribute
Sitefinity Export to Word and PDF and Aspose .NET Word Import for Sitefinity are open source and their source code is available on the major social coding websites listed below. Developers are encouraged to download the source code and extend the functionality as per their own requirements.
You can get the latest source code from one of the following locations
How to configure the source code
You need to have the following installed in order to open and extend the source code
- Visual Studio 2010 or higher
Please follow these simple steps to get started
- Download/Clone the source code.
- Open Visual Studio 2010 and Choose File > Open Project
- Browse to the latest source code that you have downloaded and open Aspose.SiteFinity.ContentExport.sln or Aspose.SiteFinity.WordImport.sln
Installation and Usage
Downloading and Installing
You can download Aspose .NET Word Import for Sitefinity module from one of the following locations
Once downloaded, please follow these steps to install the Add-on into your Sitefinity website:
Step 1: Copy files to your Sitefinity installation
Please extract the downloaded ZIP file. You will need FTP or direct access to the Sitefinity installation folder on the server to perform the following:
- Copy Aspose.Words.dll and Aspose.SiteFinity.WordImport.dll into the bin folder of the Sitefinity installation.
- Copy the Addons folder on the root of the Sitefinity installation where the bin folder is located.
Step 2: Register the Aspose .NET Word Import for Sitefinity add-on in Sitefinity
- Log into your Sitefinity CMS with an ‘Administrator’ account. The login page can be reached by https://www.mywebsite.com/sitefinity
- Click Administration and then Settings. The Basic Settings page appears.
- Click the Advanced link. The Settings page appears.
- In the left pane, click Toolboxes followed by Toolboxes, then PageControls, Sections and ContentToolboxSection, then Tools.
- Click Create new. The widget registration form appears.
- Fill the form fields as follows:
- Make sure Enabled is selected.
- Add ~/Addons/AsposeWordImport/AsposeWordImport.ascx in the Control CLR Type or Virtual Path field.
- Add Name, Title and Description as follows: AsposeWordImport Aspose Word Import Import Word Processing Documents to Sitefinity using Aspose .NET Word Import for Sitefinity
- You may leave all other fields as they are.
- When finished, click Save changes. The widget is registered in the toolbox and can be used in Sitefinity.
Using and Video Demo
After you have installed and configured the Aspose .NET Word Import for Sitefinity add-on it is really simple to start using it on your website. Please follow these simple steps to get started:
- Make sure you are logged-in to Sitefinity with an Administrator level account.
- Navigate to the page where you want to add the Sitefinity Word Import add-on. Make sure the page is opened in edit mode.
- From the Drag Widgets menu on the right, select Aspose Word Import and drag it into position.
You have successfully added Aspose .NET Word Import for Sitefinity add-on to your page. A file browse and a button titled Import from Word will now appear on the page. Anyone can simply select any Word processing document and click on Import from Word button to see the content of the selected document on the page.
Please check the video below to see the module in action.