Search and Replace in GridWeb
Working with Find/Replace
The Find/Replace Dialog
There are two ways to open the Find/Replace dialog:
When the control is active, press CTRL+F to open the dialog, or press CTRL+R key to open the dialog with the Replace button enabled.
Move the cursor to the cell area in the worksheet, then right-click. Select Find or Replace from the menu.
A style dialog is displayed.
The Find/Replace dialog
- Open the Find/Replace dialog.
- Type the string you want to search for in the Find what field.
- Click Find Next to search.
The next cell that matches your find condition is highlighted.
There are some search options that you can customize in the dialog. The table below lists them.
|1||Match case||Indicates whether to use case sensitive in searching.|
|2||Match whole word||Indicates whether to match whole word in searching.|
|3||Search up||Indicates whether the search will be done from bottom to top.|
|4||Regular expression||When checked, the control will treat the string in the Find what text box as a regular expression in searching process.|
|5||Find in Formulas/Values||When the Formulas is selected, the control will match the formula or unformatted value of the cells if the formula or the unformatted value is present. When the Values is selected, the control will only match the displayed value of the cells.|
To replace text or values:
- Open the Find/Replace dialog Box by pressing CTRL+F, or select right-click a cell and select Find before clicking Replace.
- Type the replacement string in the Replace with field.
- Click Replace.
To replace text:
- Open the dialog box.
- Enter the text you want to find in the Find what field, and the text you want to replace it with in the Replace with field.
- Replace one occurrence at a time by clicking Find Next followed by Replace.
- If you are very sure of what the worksheet contains, click Replace All.