Platform and Interoperability Technology
Aspose.PDF for .NET is a class library which provides the functionality to generate PDF documents from scratch as well as it provides the capability to edit/manipulate existing PDF documents. Aspose.PDF is available in two distinct products Aspose.PDF for .NET and Aspose.PDF for Java. We can say that Aspose.PDF “natively” supports:
- The .NET Framework and all programming languages targeting the .NET platform, such as C# or VB.NET.
- The Java platform and the Java programming language.
Support for other languages
This section contains articles and examples that show how to use Aspose.PDF in different programming languages and covers the following topics:
- How to determine “either to use Aspose.PDF for .NET or Aspose.PDF for Java“ ?
- How to create objects, call methods, access properties of the Aspose.PDF objects.
If you follow the principles outlined in this section, you will be able to employ many of the features of Aspose.PDF in your projects.
There are two versions of the Aspose.PDF class library:
- Aspose.PDF for .NET to use with any programming language targeting the .NET platform.
- Aspose.PDF for Java to use with the Java programming language.
Using Aspose.PDF from any other programming language requires the use of some interoperability technology . The interoperability technology must allow your programming language to call into a class library written for .NET or Java.
|Programming Language||Aspose.PDF to Use||Interoperability Technology|
|Visual Basic||.NET||COM Interop|