Aspose.Slides for OpenXML
What is OpenXML?
OpenXML SDK is a .NET SDK from Microsoft in order to process Microsoft Office 2007 and above file formats. These file formats are basically zipped packages and the Open XML SDK for Office simplifies the task of manipulating Open XML packages and the underlying Open XML schema elements within a package. The classes in the Open XML SDK encapsulate many common tasks that developers perform on Open XML packages, so that you can perform complex operations with lines of code.
Once you have installed the Open XML SDK 2.5, open your existing project or application in Visual Studio, or create a new project or application. Then, in your project or application, add references to the following components:
Aspose.Slides for .NET
Aspose.Slides for .NET is a unique PowerPoint® management component that enables .NET applications to read, write and manipulate PowerPoint documents without using Microsoft PowerPoint.
Aspose.Slides for .NET is the first and only .NET component that provides functionality to manage PowerPoint documents within your own applications. As with all Aspose .NET components, Aspose.Slides is written in managed C#, incredibly priced and lightning fast.
Aspose.Slides for OpenXML
The developers looking for file format libraries may need to walk through the features provided by the libraries available on the market. Mainly, two factors are considered when choosing an option:
- Efforts required to use the library
If you are a .NET developer looking for faster,easy and light-weight file format library to process files, you may need to compare VSTO(Visual Studio tool for Office) with Aspose. In this case, this project will help you to compare features and code in both libraries.
System Requirements and Supported Platforms
One or more of the following editions of Visual Studio Tools for Office:
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Tools for the Microsoft Office System
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Tools for the 2007 Microsoft Office System
- Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition
- Visual Studio 2008 Team Suite Edition
- One version of Microsoft Office:
- Microsoft Office Professional 2003 SP1
- 2007 Microsoft Office system
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 2000; Windows Server 2003; Windows Vista; Windows XP
.NET Framework versions supported
- only .NET framework 2.0 or greater.
You can download the latest code at:
To open the project you need to download and install the latest version of Aspose.Slides for .NET from here and include it in the project.
Support, Extend and Contribute
We offer free support. Anyone who uses our product, whether they have bought them or are using an evaluation, deserves our full attention and respect.
You can log any issues or suggestions related to Aspose .NET for OpenXML using any of the following platforms:
Extend and Contribute
Comparison code for Aspose.Slides for .NET and OpenXML source code is available on major social coding websites listed below.Developers are encouraged to download the source code to migrate from OpenXML to Aspose.Slides as per their requirements.
You can get the latest source code from one of the following locations.
How to configure the source code
Please follow these simple steps to get started
- Download/Clone the source code.
- Open Visual Studio 2010 and Choose File > Open Project.
- Browse to the latest source code that you have downloaded and Open the .sln file.
Sample Code Examples
This section includes the following topics
- Code Comparison for common features with OpenXML
- Add a comment to a slide
- Adding Slide to Presentation
- Apply a theme to a presentation
- Change the fill color of a shape in a presentation
- Count the number of Slides
- Create a presentation document
- Delete all the comments by an author
- Delete a Slide
- Get all the external hyperlinks in a presentation
- Get all the text in all the slides
- Get all the text in a slide
- Get the titles of all the slides
- Move a paragraph from one presentation to another
- Move a slide to a new position
- Missing Features in OpenXML
- Access OpenDocument Presentation
- Add Layout Slides to Presentation
- Conversion from PPT to different formats
- Export Media files to HTML file
- Get the File Format of Presentation
- High level Programming with Presentation Document Object Model
- Rendering and Printing of Presentation
- Slide Transitions
- Working with Size and Layout of Presentation