Aspose.Tasks Java For PHP
Introduction to Aspose.Tasks Java for PHP
Aspose.Tasks Java for PHP is created using PHP / Java Bridge. The PHP/Java Bridge is an implementation of a streaming, XML-based network protocol, which can be used to connect a native script engine, for example PHP, Scheme or Python, with a Java virtual machine. It is up to 50 times faster than local RPC via SOAP, requires less resources on the web-server side. It is faster and more reliable than direct communication via the Java Native Interface, and it requires no additional components to invoke Java procedures from PHP or PHP procedures from Java.
Read more at sourceforge.net
Aspose.Tasks for Java
Aspose.Tasks for Java is a project management API that enables Java application developers to provide MPP/P6XML document manipulation capability in their applications – all without using Microsoft Project. With this powerful API, developers can control various stages of project management, such as project planning, definition and tracking.
Aspose.Tasks Java for PHP
Project Aspose.Tasks for PHP shows how different tasks can be performed using Aspose.Tasks Java APIs in PHP. This project is aimed to provide useful examples for PHP Developers who want to utilize Aspose.Tasks for Java in their PHP Projects using PHP/Java Bridge.
Following are the system requirements to use Aspose.Tasks Java for PHP:
- Tomcat Server 8.0 or above installed.
- PHP/JavaBridge is configured.
- FastCGI is installed.
- Downloaded Aspose.Tasks component.
Following are the supported platforms:
- PHP 5.3 or above
- Java 1.8 or above
Download Required Libraries
Download required libraries mentioned below. These are the required for executing Aspose.Tasks Java for PHP examples.
Download Examples from Social Coding Sites
Following releases of running examples are available to download on:
How to configure the source code on Linux Platform
Please follow these simple steps in order to open and extend the source code while using:
1. Install Tomcat Server
To install tomcat server, issue following command on the linux console. This will successfully install tomcat server.
1sudo apt-get install tomcat8
2. Download and Configure PHP/JavaBridge
In order to download the PHP/JavaBridge binaries, issue following command on the linux console.
Unzip the PHP/JavaBridge binaries by issuing the following command on linux console.
1unzip -d php-java-bridge_6.2.1_documentation.zip
This will extract JavaBridge.war file. Copy it to tomcat88 webapps folder by issuing the following command on Linux console.
1sudo cp JavaBridge.war /var/lib/tomcat8/webapps/JavaBridge.war
By copying, tomcat8 will automatically create a new folder “JavaBridge” in webapps. Once the folder is created, make sure your tomcat8 is running and then check https://localhost:8080/JavaBridge in browser, it should open a default page of JavaBridge.
If any error message appears then install FastCGI by issuing the following command on Linux console.
1sudo apt-get install php55-cgi
After installing php5.5 CGI, restart tomcat8 server and check https://localhost:8080/JavaBridge again in the browser.
If JAVA_HOME error is displayed, then open /etc/default/tomcat8 file and uncomment the line that sets the JAVA_HOME. Check https://localhost:8080/JavaBridge in browser again, it should come with PHP/JavaBridge Examples page.
3. Configure Aspose.Tasks Java for PHP Examples
Clone, PHP examples by issuing the following commands inside webapps/JavaBridge folder.
1git init 2git clone [https://github.com/asposeslides/Aspose_Slides_Java/tree/master/Plugins/Aspose_Tasks_Java_for_PHP]
How to configure the source code on Windows Platform
Please follow below simple steps to configure PHP/Java Bridge on Windows Platform
- Install PHP5 and configure as you normally do
- Install JRE 6 (Java Runtime Environment) if you don’t already have it. You can check this in C:\Program Files etc. You can download it here . I am using JRE 6 as It is compatible with PHP Java Bridge (PJB).
- Install Apache Tomcat 8.0. You can download it here
- Download JavaBridge.war. Copy this file to tomcat webapps directory. (ex: C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.0\webapps )
- Restart tomcat apache service.
- Go to http://localhost:8080/JavaBridge/test.php to check if php works. You can find other examples in there
- Copy your Aspose.Tasks Java jar file to C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.0\webapps\JavaBridge\WEB-INF\lib
- Clone Aspose.Tasks Java for PHP examples inside C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.0\webapps\ folder.
- Copy folder C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.0\webapps\JavaBridge\java to your Aspose.Tasks Java for PHP examples folder.
- Restart apache tomcat service and start using examples.