Installing Aspose.Words for SharePoint
Aspose.Words for SharePoint is downloadable as Aspose.Words.SharePoint.zip archive. This archive contains the following files:
|Aspose.Words.SharePoint.2007.wsp||SharePoint 2007/3.0 solution file. Aspose.Words for SharePoint is packaged as a SharePoint solution to facilitate deployment/retraction and feature activation/deactivation across the server farm.|
|Aspose.Words.SharePoint.2010.wsp||A solution file for SharePoint 2010. The setup program automatically detects the installed SharePoint version and uses an appropriate solution file.|
|Aspose.Words.SharePoint.2013.wsp||A solution file for SharePoint 2013|
|Aspose.Words.SharePoint.2016.wsp||A solution file for SharePoint Server 2016|
|End User License Agreement.html||End user license agreement|
|Aspose.Words for SharePoint API Reference.chm||User documentation and API reference in the hypertext format|
|setup.2007.exe||Setup program for SharePoint 2007/3.0|
|setup.2007.exe.config||Setup configuration file for SharePoint 2007/3.0|
|setup.2010.exe||Setup program for SharePoint 2010|
|setup.2010.exe.config||Setup configuration file for SharePoint 2010|
|setup.2013.exe||Setup program for SharePoint 2013|
|setup.2013.exe.config||Setup configuration file for SharePoint 2013|
|setup.2016.exe||Setup program for SharePoint Server 2016|
|setup.2016.exe.config||Setup configuration file for SharePoint Server 2016|
|Report.xsd||Report definition schema file|
|DataSource.xsd||Data source definition schema file|
The setup program checks the following conditions before proceeding:
- One of the supported SharePoint versions is installed.
- The user has permission to install SharePoint solutions.
- SharePoint database is online.
- SharePoint Administration service is started.
- SharePoint Timer service is started.
Administration service and Timer service are needed because some setup actions rely on a timer job to propagate to all servers in the server farm. To install Aspose.Words for SharePoint:
- Unpack Aspose.Words.SharePoint.zip to the local drive on the SharePoint server.
- Run appropriate version of setup.exe and follow the instructions on the screen.
The setup program performs the following actions:
- Check installation prerequisites. Setup will not continue if any check fails.
- Display End User License Agreement. The user must accept the agreement in order to proceed.
- Display deployment target selection dialog. The user selects web applications where the feature shall be deployed and activated. See the figure below.
- Deploy the feature to the server farm.
- Activate the feature for the selected web applications and update their virtual directories.
- Display a list of web applications where the feature has been deployed and activated.
Deployment target selection dialog
Aspose.Words for SharePoint performs the following actions during deployment:
- Install Aspose.Words.SharePoint.dll into Global Assembly Cache and add SafeControl entry to the web.config file.
- Install feature manifest and other necessary files to the appropriate directories.
- Register the feature in the SharePoint database and make it available for the activation at the feature scope.
Aspose.Words for SharePoint is packaged as a web application level feature and can be activated and deactivated on the web application level. During activation, the feature makes some changes to the virtual directory of web application:
- Add authorized type entry for the workflow activities provided by Aspose.Words for SharePoint
- Add conversion settings page to the sitemap file
- Copy necessary resource files to the App_GlobalResources folder in the virtual directory