Aspose.Cells Java for Apache POI SS - HSSF and XSSF
Apache POI SS - HSSF and XSSF
HSSF is the POI Project’s pure Java implementation of the Excel ‘97(-2007) file format. XSSF is the POI Project’s pure Java implementation of the Excel 2007 OOXML (.xlsx) file format.
HSSF and XSSF provides ways to read spreadsheets create, modify, read and write XLS spreadsheets. They provide:
- low level structures for those with special needs
- an eventmodel api for efficient read-only access
- a full usermodel api for creating, reading and modifying XLS files
Read more at poi.apache.org
Aspose.Cells for Java
Aspose.Cells for Java is an award-winning Excel Spreadsheet component that allows Java developers to embed the ability to read, write and manipulate Excel® spreadsheets (XLS, XLSX, XLSM, XLSB, XLTX, SpreadsheetML, CSV, ODS), HTML, MHTML, PDF and image file formats into their own Java applications without needing to rely on Microsoft Excel®.
Aspose.Cells for Java is a mature, scalable and feature rich component that offers many functions that are way beyond the simple data exporting capabilities of other vendors. With Aspose.Cells for Java developers can export data, format spreadsheets to the most granular level, import images, create charts, apply and calculate complex formulas, stream Excel® data, save in various formats and much more - all this without the need of Microsoft Excel® or Microsoft Office Automation.
Read more at aspose.com
Why not Apache POI SS - HSSF and XSSF
It is worth noting that some tasks can be achieved with Aspose.Cells, but cannot be accomplished with Apache POI. For example, if you need to convert Excel files to Pdf , JSON and images,then you cannot use only Apache POI, you also need Microsoft Excel 365 or other tools.
You can compare POI with Aspose.Cells To do this, we suggest that you familiarize yourself with the Aspose.Cells for POI project (HSSF and XSSF) – it shows how different tasks can be done using the Aspose.Cells for .Java API versus POI. The project also covers features for working with text documents that are only available in Aspose.Cells, but not in Apache POI.
This project is also useful for developers looking to migrate from POI to Aspose.Cells.
This plugin uses the evaluation version of Aspose.Cells. When you are happy with your evaluation, you can purchase a license from the Aspose website. To remove the evaluation message and feature limitations, you must apply a product license. After purchasing the product, you will receive a license file. Please follow the instructions in the “Licensing and Subscription” article to do this.
In the following sections and articles, we will take a closer look at some of the features and abilities provided by Aspose.Cells.
Aspose components are thoroughly tested. Since Aspose components are packaged into a single JAR, there will never be a need to install any additional parts or pieces for them to function. This allows not only to provide a stable work with Aspose.Cells, but also reduce the risk of unforeseen situations to virtually zero.
Scalability and Speed
Aspose components are highly scalable and lightning fast. They are a true .NET solution and perform flawlessly on either a single server powering a single application or a load balanced web farm powering an enterprise application.
Aspose components provide everything you need to manage Office files, plus much, much more. They are designed with the philosophy of allowing developers to accomplish the greatest results with the least amount of work.
Aspose components provide many powerful time-saving functions. For example, Aspose.Cells offers a feature that allows developers to import JSON to Excel files. It is worth noting that every component in the Aspose family offers its own set of unique and powerful features.
Support, Extend and Contribute
From the very first days of Aspose, we knew that just giving our customers good products would not be enough. We also needed to deliver good service. We are developers ourselves and understand how frustrating it is when a technical issue or a quirk in the software stops you from doing what you need to do. We’re here to solve problems, not create them.
This is why we offer free support. Anyone who uses our product, whether they have bought them or are using an evaluation, deserves our full attention and respect.
You can log any issues or suggestions related to Aspose.Cells Java for Apache POI SS - HSSF and XSSF using any of the following platforms:
Extend and Contribute
Aspose.Cells Java for Apache POI (HSSF+XSSF) is open source and its source code is available on the major social coding websites listed below. Developers are encouraged to download the source code and contribute by suggesting or adding new feature or improving the existing ones, so that others could also benefit from it.
You can get the latest source code from one of the following locations
How to configure the source code
Please follow these simple steps in order to open and extend the source code while using:
- Download/Clone the source code.
- Open Eclipse and Choose File > Import…
- Select General > Existing Projects into Workspace.
- Browse to select root directory of the latest source code that you have downloaded.
- Click Finish to successfully import the downloaded project.
- Download/Clone the source code.
- Open NetBeans and Choose File > New Project…
- In Choose Project tab: Select Java > Java Project with Existing Sources.
- In Name and Location tab: Provide your desired Project Name and Project Folder.
- In Existing Sources tab: Click Add Folder… and browse to select root directory of the latest source code that you have downloaded.
- Click Finish to successfully create the downloaded project.
Sample Code Examples
This section includes the following topics
- Code Comparison for Common Features in Aspose.Cells and Apache POI - HSSF and XSSF
- Working with Worksheets in Apache POI and Aspose.Cells
- Working with Workbooks in Apache POI and Aspose.Cells
- Working with Cells, Rows and Columns in Apache POI and Aspose.Cells
- Auto Fit Row and Column
- Cell Alignment Settings
- Hide and Unhide Cells
- Insert Cell Comments
- Iterate Rows and Columns
- Merge Cells
- Split Panes in Apache POI and Aspose.Cells
- Freeze Panes in Apache POI and Aspose.Cells
- Create Date Cell in Apache POI and Aspose.Cells
- Create Different Cell Types in Apache POI and Aspose.Cells
- Working with Data in Apache POI and Aspose.Cells
- Working with Formatting Features in Apache POI and Aspose.Cells
- Aspose.Cells features missing in Apache POI SS - HSSF and XSSF
- Data Handling Features using Aspose.Cells
- Working with Worksheets using Aspose.Cells
- Add Word Art Watermark to Worksheet using Aspose.Cells
- Convert Workbook to HTML using Aspose.Cells
- Detect Merged Cells using Aspose.Cells
- Display and Hide Scrollbars of Workbooks
- Display and Hide Tabs of Workbook using Aspose.Cells
- Encrypt Workbook using Aspose.Cells
- Read CSV File With Multiple Encodings
- Save Each Worksheet to Different PDF using Aspose.Cells
- Set Worksheet Tab Color in Aspose.Cells
- Working with Charts in Aspose.Cells
- Miscellaneous Examples of Aspose.Cells