Aspose.Cells for OpenXML
What is OpenXML?
OpenXML SDK is a .NET SDK from Microsoft in order to process Microsoft Office 2007 and above file formats. These file formats are basically zipped packages and the Open XML SDK for Office simplifies the task of manipulating Open XML packages and the underlying Open XML schema elements within a package. The classes in the Open XML SDK encapsulate many common tasks that developers perform on Open XML packages, so that you can perform complex operations with lines of code.
Once you have installed the Open XML SDK 2.5, open your existing project or application in Visual Studio, or create a new project or application. Then, in your project or application, add references to the following components:
##Aspose.Cells for .NET
Aspose.Cells for .NET provides the most flexible group of components that enable .NET Application to create and manage Excel Spreadsheets without requiring Microsoft Excel to be installed on the server. Aspose.Cells is one of the leading components for all types of Excel formats manipulation. Unlike similar products from other vendors, Aspose.Cells not only supports spreadsheet generation and other basic file formatting features, but also supports a number of advanced features. These advanced features make it much more convenient for the developers to manipulate spreadsheet contents, cells formatting and files protection. Aspose.Cells also allows importing data into spreadsheets from different data sources, adding common and complex Mathematical, DateTime, Financial, Text Formulas / Functions, supports manipulation of charts, pictures, comments, drawing objects and controls etc.
Aspose.Cells for OpenXML
The developers looking for file format libraries may need to walk through the features provided by the libraries available on the market. Mainly, two factors are considered when choosing an option:
- Efforts required to use the library
If you are a .NET developer looking for faster,easy and light-weight file format library to process files, you may need to compare VSTO(Visual Studio tool for Office) with Aspose. In this case, this project will help you to compare features and code in both libraries.
System Requirements and Supported Platforms
One or more of the following editions of Visual Studio Tools for Office:
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Tools for the Microsoft Office System
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Tools for the 2007 Microsoft Office System
- Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition
- Visual Studio 2008 Team Suite Edition
- One version of Microsoft Office:
- Microsoft Office Professional 2003 SP1
- 2007 Microsoft Office system
Supported Operating Systems
Windows 2000; Windows Server 2003; Windows Vista; Windows XP
.NET Framework versions supported
only .NET framework 2.0 or greater.
You can download the latest code at:
To open the project you need to download and install the latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET from here and include it in the project.
Support, Extend and Contribute
We offer free support. Anyone who uses our product, whether they have bought them or are using an evaluation, deserves our full attention and respect. You can log any issues or suggestions related to Aspose .NET for OpenXML using any of the following platforms:
Extend and Contribute
Comparison code for Aspose.Cells for .Net and OpenXML source code is available on major social coding websites listed below.Developers are encouraged to download the source code to migrate from OpenXML to Aspose.Cells as per their requirements.
You can get the latest source code from one of the following locations.
How to configure the source code
Please follow these simple steps to get started
- Download/Clone the source code.
- Open Visual Studio 2010 and Choose File > Open Project.
- Browse to the latest source code that you have downloaded and Open the .sln file.
Sample Code Examples
This section includes the following topics
- Code Comparison for common features with OpenXML
- Calculate the sum of a range of cells
- Create a spreadsheet document
- Delete text from a cell
- Get a column heading
- Get worksheet information
- Insert a chart
- Insert a new worksheet
- Insert text into a cell
- Merge two adjacent cells
- Open a spreadsheet document for read-only access
- Open a spreadsheet document from a stream
- Retrieve a dictionary of all named ranges in a spreadsheet document
- Retrieve the values of cells
- Missing Features in OpenXML
- Calculate or Recalculate formulas dynamically
- Convert between Excel formats
- Encrypting Excel Files using Aspose.Cells
- Generate reports, populate documents with data
- High-level programming with a workbook object model
- Managing Charts and Shapes in Aspose.Cells
- Rendering and Printing in Aspose.Cells
- Save Workbook to Text or CSV Format using Aspose.Cells
- Set External Links in Formulas in Aspose.Cells
- Setting Formula Calculation Mode of Workbook in Aspose.Cells
- Setting Shared Formula in Aspose.Cells