Installing Aspose.Tasks in Eclipse
Aspose.Tasks Java (Maven) for Eclipse plugin can be easily installed from the Available Plugin tab in the Plugin dialog.
- To open it, select Plugins from the Tools menu in Eclipse.
- This adds the Aspose.Tasks Maven Project in New Project wizard and Aspose.Tasks Code Example in New File wizard of Eclipse IDE.
Aspose.Tasks Maven Project (wizard)
To create Maven Project by wizard for using Aspose.Tasks for Java API:
- Select New Project.
- Select Aspose.Tasks Maven Project in the Maven category.
- Click Next.
- Provide Project Name, Location, GroupId, ArtifactId and Version for your Maven Project and click Finish.
- This will retrieve the Aspose.Tasks for Java latest Maven Dependency reference from Aspose Cloud Maven Repository and configure it in pom.xml. If you have opted for Also Download Code Examples, downloading of the Code Examples will also begin from the Aspose.Tasks for Java API Examples Repository.
- The Maven project will be created on your Eclipse IDE on completion of the wizard.
- The created Maven Project is configured to use Aspose.Tasks for Java API and ready to be enhanced as per your Project requirements. If you have opted to download Code Examples, you can use Aspose.Tasks Code Example (wizard) for importing needed Code Examples of Aspose.Tasks for Java API into your project.
Aspose.Tasks Code Example (wizard)
Aspose.Tasks Code Example wizard allows you to try out many samples provided for Aspose.Tasks for Java API.
To be able to use Aspose.Tasks Code Example wizard comfortably: it is recommended to always select Also Download Code Examples while creating Maven Project on Aspose.Tasks Maven Project Wizard,
To use examples, just:
- Click New File in Eclipse.
- Choose your project and then select Aspose.Tasks Code Example in the Java category.
- Click Next.
- Expand the tree to select Code Example category and click Finish.
- This will copy the selected category Code Examples Java files into the project under com.aspose.tasks.examples package. Also any required resources needed by the Code Examples will be copied into src/main/resources folder
- Review the example code, compile and run.
- You can now test other examples and start building your own application using Aspose.Tasks for Java API