Apache Struts 1.3
Apache Struts Web Framework
The Apache Struts web framework is a free open-source solution for creating Java web applications.
Web applications differ from conventional websites in that web applications can create a dynamic response. Many websites deliver only static pages. A web application can interact with databases and business logic engines to customize a response.
One way to separate concerns in a software application is to use a Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture. The Model represents the business or database code, the View represents the page design code, and the Controller represents the navigational code. The Struts framework is designed to help developers create web applications that utilize a MVC architecture.
Aspose.Words for Java
Aspose.Words for Java is an advanced class library for Java that enables you to perform a great range of document processing tasks directly within your Java applications.
Aspose.Words for Java supports processing word (DOC, DOCX, OOXML, RTF) HTML, OpenDocument, PDF, EPUB, XPS, and all image formats. With Aspose.Words you can generate, modify, and convert documents without using Microsoft Word.
Aspose.Words Java for Struts 1.3
Aspose.Words Java for Struts 1.3 is simple book store web based application written using Struts 1.3 and Maven.
- The web application intends to show the integration and usage of Aspose.Words for Java within Struts 1.3 and Maven framework.
- It runs in a web container like Apache Tomcat and requires maven to build the web application .war for deployment.
- Current use case in the application exports records from books grid to MS-WORD document format by creating MS-WORD document, creating table into it and writing texts / data to it.
Following are the system requirements for Aspose.Words Java for Struts 1.3 web application:
- Java 1.6 or above installed.
- Apache Tomcat Server 7 or above
- Maven 3
- Aspose.Words component.
Following are the supported platforms:
- Aspose.Words 14.10.0 or above.
- Java IDE (Eclipse, NetBeans, IntelliJ, …).
- Downloads and Configure Aspose.Words in Struts 1.3
- Support, Extend and Contribute Aspose.Words in Struts 1.3