Aspose.Cells .NET for VSTO
- What is VSTO?
- Aspose.Cells for .Net
- Aspose.Cells for VSTO
- Sample Code Examples
What is VSTO?
VSTO, or Visual Studio Tools for Office, or Microsoft Visual Studio Tools is part of Microsoft’s Visual Studio .NET tools suite and supports the Microsoft .NET Framework. It is used by developers to write code connecting Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook applications. Developers using VSTO can employ C# or Visual Basic languages. It is an alternative to Visual Basic for Applications, or VBA.
Aspose.Cells for .Net
Aspose.Cells for .NET provides the most flexible group of components that enable .NET Application to create and manage Excel Spreadsheets without requiring Microsoft Excel to be installed on the server. Aspose.Cells is one of the leading components for all types of Excel formats manipulation. Unlike similar products from other vendors, Aspose.Cells not only supports spreadsheet generation and other basic file formatting features, but also supports a number of advanced features. These advanced features make it much more convenient for the developers to manipulate spreadsheet contents, cells formatting and files protection. Aspose.Cells also allows importing data into spreadsheets from different data sources, adding common and complex Mathematical, DateTime, Financial, Text Formulas / Functions, supports manipulation of charts, pictures, comments, drawing objects and controls etc.
Aspose.Cells for VSTO
The developers looking for file format libraries may need to walk through the features provided by the libraries available on the market. Mainly, two factors are considered when choosing an option:
- Efforts required to use the library
If you are a .NET developer looking for faster,easy and light-weight file format library to process files, you may need to compare VSTO(Visual Studio tool for Office) with Aspose. In this case, this project will help you to compare features and code in both libraries.
System Requirements and Supported Platforms
One or more of the following editions of Visual Studio Tools for Office:
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Tools for the Microsoft Office System
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Tools for the 2007 Microsoft Office System
- Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition
- Visual Studio 2008 Team Suite Edition
- One version of Microsoft Office:
- Microsoft Office Professional 2003 SP1
- 2007 Microsoft Office system
Supported Operating Systems
Windows 2000; Windows Server 2003; Windows Vista; Windows XP
.NET Framework versions supported
only .NET framework 2.0 or greater.
You can download latest version for Aspose.Words for .NET from
You can download Aspose for VSTO from one of the following locations
To open the project you need to download and install the latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET from here and include it in the project.
Support, Extend and Contribute
We offer free support. Anyone who uses our product, whether they have bought them or are using an evaluation, deserves our full attention and respect.
This is why we offer free support. Anyone who uses our product, whether they have bought them or are using an evaluation, deserves our full attention and respect.
You can log any issues or suggestions related to this control using any of the following platforms
Extend and Contribute
Comparison code for Aspose.Cells for .Net and VSTO source code is available on major social coding websites listed below.Developers are encouraged to download the source code to migrate from VSTO to Aspose.Cells as per their requirements.
You can get the latest source code from one of the following locations.
How to configure the source code
Please follow these simple steps to get started
- Download/Clone the source code.
- Open Visual Studio 2010 and Choose File > Open Project.
- Browse to the latest source code that you have downloaded and Open the .sln file.
Sample Code Examples
This section has following topics:
- Code Comparison for common features with VSTO
- Add Borders to Cells in a Worksheet in VSTO and Aspose.Cells
- Add Hyperlinks to Cells in VSTO and Aspose.Cells
- Adding New Worksheets to Workbook and Activating a Sheet in VSTO and Aspose.Cells
- Apply Styles to Ranges in Workbooks
- Auto Filter Data in VSTO and Aspose.Cells
- Copy Worksheets
- Create and Save New Workbooks
- Create a Pie Chart in VSTO and Aspose.Cells
- Creating a Named Range in VSTO and Aspose.Cells
- Delete Worksheets from Workbooks
- Display String in Worksheet Cell
- Find Specific Word Occurrence
- Get Text of Specific Cell
- Hide and Unhide Worksheets in a Workbook in VSTO and Aspose.Cells
- Inserting and Removing Cell Comments in a Worksheet in VSTO and Aspose.Cells
- List All Worksheets in a Workbook
- Merge or UnMerge Cells in a Worksheet in VSTO and Aspose.Cells
- Open Text Files as Workbooks
- Protect and unProtect Worksheets
- Protecting and Unprotecting Workbooks in VSTO and Aspose.Cells
- Rotating Cell Text in VSTO and Aspose.Cells
- Set Background Picture of a Worksheet in VSTO and Aspose.Cells
- Sort Data in Worksheets
- Use Formulas Functions to Process Data in VSTO and Aspose.Cells
- Wrapping Cell Text in VSTO and Aspose.Cells
- Missing Features in VSTO
- Adding Hyperlinks to Link Data in Aspose.Cells
- Advanced Protection Settings since Excel XP in Aspose.Cells
- Converting Worksheet
- Display or Hide Gridlines in Aspose.Cells
- Display or Hide Row Column Headers in Aspose.Cells
- Display or Hide Scroll Bars in Aspose.Cells
- Display or Hide Tabs in Aspose.Cells
- Encrypting Excel Files in Aspose.Cells
- Import and Export Worksheet
- Save Workbook to Text or CSV Format in Aspose.Cells
- Smart Markers in Aspose.Cells
- Tracing Precedents and Dependents in Aspose.Cells