Where to Use Aspose.Cells
Aspose.Cells is created to help developers to create and manage Microsoft Excel spreadsheets programmatically. Aspose.Cells doesn’t only understand spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel Sheet Format (XLS/XLSX) but also many other file formats like Comma Separated Values (CSV), Tab Delimited/TSV (Text), SpreadsheetML etc.
Aspose.Cells provides most of the features available in Microsoft Excel but the exciting thing is that Aspose.Cells can process Excel files dynamically, which enables developers to process thousands or millions of spreadsheets very quickly.
This article discusses common scenarios of using Aspose.Cells.
Possible Usage Scenarios
It’s up to developers how they use Aspose.Cells but there are few common scenarios in which Aspose.Cells can help. The most common use of Aspose.Cells is deploying it on the Web Server or in Web Services for server side processing. Some of the possible usage scenarios of Aspose.Cells are described below.
Automated Spreadsheet Management
- Users upload manually created spreadsheets to a server.
- Aspose.Cells is used to open files and retrieve data.
After the data is retrieved:
- The data is saved to a database.
- Certain data are presented in web pages.
- Some aspects of the spreadsheets are modified and saved back to Microsoft Excel files.
- Users input data in web pages.
- Data is collected by the web server.
- Aspose.Cells is used to populate data in brand new files or pre-defined template files.
- After the Excel file is created, it can be sent to user as a report etc.