Create Pivot Table
It is possible to use Aspose.Cells to add pivot tables to spreadsheets programmatically.
Create Pivot Table Using Microsoft Excel
Aspose.Cells provides a special set of classes in the
Aspose.Cells.Pivot namespace that are used to create and control pivot tables. These classes are used to create and set
PivotTable objects, the building blocks of a pivot table. The objects are:
PivotFieldrepresents a field in a
PivotFieldCollectionrepresents a collection of all the
PivotFieldobjects in the
PivotTableon a worksheet.
PivotTableCollectionrepresents a collection of all the
PivotTableobjects on a worksheet.
Create Pivot Table Using Aspose.Cells
- Add data to a worksheet using the
This data will be used as te pivot table's data source.
- Add a pivot table to the worksheet by calling the
addmethod, which is encapsulated in the Worksheet object.
- Access the new
PivotTableobject from the
PivotTablescollection by passing the
- Use any of the
PivotTableobjects (explained above) to manage the pivot table.
After executing the example code, a pivot table is added to the worksheet.
Pivot Table's Source Data
There are times when you want to create Microsoft Excel reports with pivot tables that takes data from different data sources (such as a database) that are not known at design time. This article provides an approach to dynamically change a pivot table's data source.
Changing a Pivot Table's Source Data
- Creating a new designer template.
- Create a new designer template file as in the screenshot below.
- Then define a named range, DataSource, which refers to this range of cells.
- Creating a Pivot Table Based on this named range.
- In Microsoft Excel, choose Data, then PivotTable and PivotChart Report.
- Create a pivot table based on the named range created in the first step.
- Drag the corresponding field to pivot table row and column, then create the resulting pivot table as in the screenshot below.
- Right-click the pivot table and select Table Options.
- Check Refresh on open in Data options settings.
Now, you can save this file as your designer template file.
- Populating new data and changing source data of a pivot table.
- Once the designer template is created, use the following code to change the source data of the pivot table.
Executing the example code below changes the source data of the pivot table will be changed.