Managing data of Excel files.
Adding Data to Cells
Aspose.Cells provides a class, Workbook, that represents a Microsoft Excel file. The Workbook class contains a Worksheets collection that allows access to each worksheet in the Excel file. A worksheet is represented by the Worksheet class. The Worksheet class provides a Cells collection. Each item in the Cells collection represents an object of the Cell class.
Aspose.Cells allows developers to add data to the cells in worksheets by calling the Cell class' PutValue method. Aspose.Cells provides overloaded versions of the PutValue method that lets developers add different kinds of data to cells. Using these overloaded versions of the PutValue method, it is possible to add a Boolean, string, double, integer or date/time, etc. values to the cell.
If you use PutValue method to put a large amount of data to a worksheet, you should add values to the cells, first by rows and then by columns. This approach greatly improves the efficiency of your applications.
Retrieving Data from Cells
Aspose.Cells provides a class, Workbook that represents a Microsoft Excel file. The Workbook class contains a Worksheets collection that allows access to worksheets in the file. A worksheet is represented by the Worksheet class. The Worksheet class provides a Cells collection. Each item in the Cells collection represents an object of the Cell class.
The Cell class provides several properties that allow developers to retrieve values from the cells according to their data types. These properties include:
- StringValue: returns the string value of the cell.
- DoubleValue: returns the double value of the cell.
- BoolValue: returns the boolean value of the cell.
- DateTimeValue: returns the date/time value of the cell.
- FloatValue: returns the float value of the cell.
- IntValue: returns the integer value of the cell.
The type of data contained in a cell can also be checked by using the Cell class' Type property. In fact, the Cell class' Type property is based on the CellValueType enumeration whose pre-defined values are listed below:
|Cell Value Types||Description|
|IsBool||Specifies that cell value is Boolean.|
|IsDateTime||Specifies that cell value is date/time.|
|IsNull||Represents a blank cell.|
|IsNumeric||Specifies that cell value is numeric.|
|IsString||Specifies that cell value is a string.|
|IsUnknown||Specifies that cell value is unknown.|
You can also use the above pre-defined cell value types to compare with the Type of data present in each cell.
- Accessing Cells of a Worksheet
- Create Access and Copy Named Ranges
- Create Union Range
- Creating Subtotals
- Data Filtering
- Data Sorting
- Data Validation
- Export Data from Worksheet
- Find or Search Data
- Get Address Cell Count Offset Entire Column and Entire Row of the Range
- Import Data into Worksheet
- Preserve Single Quote Prefix of Cell Value or Range
- Working with Hyperlinks to Link Data
- Remove duplicate rows in a Worksheet
- Managing Ranges